Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTS / WTT: 1971 Ford Classic Bronco - New Chrome Yellow Paint Job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g500, e500
WTS / WTT: 1971 Ford Classic Bronco - New Chrome Yellow Paint Job

1971 Ford Bronco

Backstory - I bought this Bronco to be a substitute sunny day alternative driver. I wasn't shopping for a truck but it was such a striking color combination with the yellow and black accents, I had to have it. My commute is 30 miles each way and it's just not going to work for my daily type use. I put some money into it making it nicer and installing some of the missing amenities to make it more useable. Getting it to be a daily street truck is proving to be more than I'm willing to deal with right now, so I'm selling it as-is. Im into the setup for 10,500 total and hope to sell for 10,000

I am interested in a trade for an uncut, unlifted Bronco if someone is interested in building a trail truck. This would save both of us some headaches, though this is probably not the right place for that.

The truck is an attention getter to the point where you would be surprised by the response. You will be stopped at every red light, gas station, fast food joint, ect. asking if you would sell the truck (until the day you decide to sell it, then you will only get thumbs ups and "sweet car, man!"). The paint is very catching in person and really looks great on this body. Really looks much better in person than I have the skill to photograph. The color is chrome yellow.

The Good- The truck is 40+ years old and very simple. Brand new paint job, Just replaced carb and alternator, truck runs well, it is cheaper than a side by side ATV and can be driven on the street. It would make an amazing "no creature comfort" toy or tool though.

The Bad- The truck is 40+ years old and very simple. Indicative of the age, there are a few poorly executed rust repairs under the body pan and there are rust spots that were just POR treated. The ride will knock your fillings out, coil springs and leaf springs on a true axle, it's not a lexus for sure. The fuel economy is probably in the negative numbers. And lastly, it takes some praying to get the truck to stop before plowing through the hybrid in front of you at a red light.

All in all, I think it's a great start to a project truck with a lot of the cosmetic work already complete. It really looks like a movie star especially for being so old and classic. The truck runs strong and has a new clutch.