Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTT: 1999 Jeep Wrangler for 4-Door SUV - $7000 - Washington D.C. Area/VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
WTT: 1999 Jeep Wrangler for 4-Door SUV - $7000 - Washington D.C. Area/VA

Copy of my craigslist ad. I think it explains my thoughts on why I am trying to sell well.

Pics after the jump: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...107677078.html

Bought my 1999 Jeep Wrangler in 2011 to supplement my Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6. Have only put 1,500 miles on it since I bought it, and that is only commuting my 12 mile drive to work.

Basically, although the Jeep runs great and is fun, I am looking for something slightly less rugged, with a little more space to haul my dog, girl, and stuff around in. I don't have enough time to take it offroading, which is really what the Jeep Wrangler is made for, and so I am looking for a four door SUV, not worried too much about mileage, but it needs to be in good running condition. Preferably, I am looking at Mitsubishi Montero (not the Montero Sport) or Land Rover Discos (90s through early 2000s).

This is the perfect time to have a soft top Jeep to drive around in the warm weather, and if you have a vehicle you think might work for me, please e-mail me. I do have all records for my period of ownership, which spans about a year.

Here are the details:

1999 Jeep Wrangler SE

2.5L Engine

5 speed manual

2.5" body lift.

4x4 works like a dream and is great in the snow.

The little 2.5L engine is great on gas. I usually can go two weeks without filling up.

Engine re-built in 2008 and has approx. 65,000 miles on it. Re-built by Jasper Transmission and I have all the documentation to prove it.

Body has 240K miles on it (I know a lot), but honestly I bought it because the body itself is in great condition and the engine runs awesome. NO RUST.

Four month old Smittybuilt soft top.

Brand new front wheel bearing I replaced two months ago.

Brand new belt last month.

Three month old Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks (have 10 settings to adjust stiffness of ride), which I installed myself.

CD/Radio player with auxiliary input.

Brand new Sony Xplod dash speakers.

Includes a sound bar with two brand new pioneer speakers.

LED bulbs in the gauge cluster so the speedo and dials are nice a bright

All fluids are in good order, and no leaks. When I had the tires rotated two months ago, the shop mechanic was complementing me on how well maintained the Jeep was.
I personally have never off-roaded it (another reason I am trying to trade). I don't have time, and I just need something with 4-wheel drive to get me through the snow.

The two side body panels were replaced with Smittybuilt aftermarket panels and are relatively new.

The PO claims to have replaced the clutch in 2010-2011, but didn't have any proof of that. All I know is that it shifts like butter.

I also have changed all of the fluids within the past six months (oil, transmission, transfer case), and have the correct fluids in stock to change both differentials' fluid, just haven't gotten around to it.

Three month old heater coil, heater relay, and heater switch (the problem ended up being a disconnected wire in the end).

Nerf foam on all the roll cage.

Paracord grab handles on driver and passenger side.

The stock driver and passenger seats have been completely replaced with newer and nicer Bestop seats.

Heavy rubber floor mats throughout.

Custom made flat fenders which have been bedlined for durability.

31" nobby tires in good order, with plenty of tread left on them.

OEM Rubicon fog lights which I have not connected yet.

Aftermarket bumper with tow hitch.

HighRock 4x4 brand Roof Rack combined with a Yakima Basketcase steel basket adds 400 lbs. additional storage space. Plus you can quick disconnect the roof rack to mount surf boards, kayaks, etc. to the roof. Link to roof rack: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12...FaZgTAoddypxxA

Let me know if your interested. Would be willing to discuss a purchase as well, send me an offer/price.