Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS 2000 M Roadster Estoril/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML350, Lexus IS350
FS 2000 M Roadster Estoril/Black

All,

My near-perfect 2000 BMW Estoril Blue M Roadster with a clean title if officially up for sale.

I'm asking 20,000 or best offer.

This is my 2nd Z3 Roadster after owning a 2.8L for over 12 years. As such, I am very familiar with the issues of the Z3 model line and have taken great pride ensuring this M Roadster is in excellent condition. She has been garage kept under my ownership and the previous owner.

It's sad to let her go, but I have 2-other cars, a 2-year old, and a job which requires me to travel quite a lot. I have driven her over 2,000 miles in the past year, but properly prep her for winter storage and when I'm out of town. I hope it goes to an auto enthusiast who will take care of this roadster.

She currently has approximately 35,260 miles and is in spectacular mechanical condition. She's 99% stock except for a radiator brass bleeder screw and a ZHP shift knob. The Harmon Kardon Speakers, BMW Radio/CD player, power-top, power-seats, power-windows, ice-cold AC, heater, heated seats, lights, windshield wipers, cruise control, etc all work without any issues. The engine starts immediately and the exciting exhaust purr has not diminished after all these years.

The quick facts about this car:
35,260 miles
5-speed manual
Leather interior
Black Boot Cover
3.2 liter in-line 6 cylinder engine (known as the "S52" engine) produces 240 HP and 236 lb/ft torque
Limited Slip Differential
Automatic Stability Control plus Traction (ASC+T), can be turned off
Produced on April 8, 1999
Of approximately 8,900 S52 M Roadsters (1998-2000), only 211 produced with Estoril Blue exterior, Black Interior, and Black Convertible Top combination

The body, paint, engine, and interior conditions are immaculate.

The convertible top is in excellent shape with the minor exception of the top coming free from the rear window. Most importantly, the top is not frayed and the rear window bead is absolutely fine.

The tires are approximately 3,000 miles from new.

There are some curb rashes to 3 of 4 wheels, which is to be expected for a 13 year old car.

I have the owner's manual, all keys (2-master, 1-valet, 1-wallet), and the BMW First Aid kit.

I have the radio code which is handy if/when you disconnect the battery!

Major issues with the Z3 model line:
Old/Leaking/Cracking cooling system - NONE, radiator, radiator hoses, expansion tank, thermostat, thermostat housing, and water pump all replaced in 2011
Rear Sub-frame separating from car - NONE, no indications of "popped" welds in the trunk and/or differential separating per my pre-purchase inspection and my quarterly visual inspections

Minor, but inconvenient issues which plagues the Z3 model line:
Broken Seat Belt guides - NONE, guides are in perfect condition
Sliding/Rocking Seats - NONE, seats do not slide/rock
Sagging Glove Box - NONE, glove box does not sag

Here's a time-line of the most recent maintenance:
Oil Changed - 2011
Oil Filter - 2011
Radiator - 2011
Radiator Hoses - 2011
Expansion Tank - 2011
Thermostat - 2011
Thermostat Housing - 2011
Water Pump - 2011
Fuel Filter - 2012
Transmission Fluid - 2012
Differential Fluid - 2012

Below is a link to over 100 photos of my roadster.

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/tm...20M%20Roadster

I'm more than happy to answer any questions. If interested, ping me for high-res photos.

In the mean time, here are a few photos of my roadster.

Last edited by hoya08; 10-21-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added price