Other Cars Discussion of non Mercedes Benz vehicles

Next car, need advice..it's complicated :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl 350 amg
Next car, need advice..it's complicated :)

Hi all... looking for some advice here...

I currently have a GL350 with the AMG pack. Pretty nice car actually.
However lease ends in less than a year and I need a replacement...

We have 2 5yo boys, and I'm looking for options...
I think the GLS looks less nice than the GL it "replaced".
Tested a SQ7, good bit of hardware but why is so ugly inside out ?
Tested a new (MY 2017) Panamera, cramped in the back, and in the end pretty pointless... do you really drive it hard enough to make everybody onboard sick ?
Tested a S8, not bad, buf given the space it takes, it's again somehow cramped and the interior looks dated.

So what are the options... ?
A range rover Autobiography maybe... but my wife already the complains the GL is a boat on the road, I doubt the rangey will be any better... reliability is an issue too...
I love the Bentley Mulsanne (used obviously), but you can't really take it to the local supermarket, can't you?
Don't even mention a Tesla. The interior is plain ugly and it's about as entertaining as sitting in the back of a cruising airbus.. Fast maybe but that's it.
A FF or such cars are cramped in the back and here cars are (heavily) taxed yearly on HP and they apply a tiny 50 % surcharge for anything putting more than 200 g co2 /km.
I have to admit an S-class is very tempting even if it's mainly driven here by hotels and Uber drivers which is of course a weird association (no clue either if the boot is really handy for a family with kids).
The Bentyaga has a decent interior (no electrical head rests given the price is joke though), but the design is uhhh...polarizing ?

Any advice / anything I oversaw ?