Other Cars Discussion of non Mercedes Benz vehicles

Beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 190e cosworth
Beware

New guy here but not new to the hobby. I have been looking for a classic Benz and thought I found one on Bat from Mendels Garage. It was suppose to be an 300E AMG (88). Everything I say here I can back up by pic and email and a bounced check. I know it looks a bit strange when a new person comes on a site and says what I'm about to say, but I don't want to see anybody else go through what I am.

I'll make it short. Drivers mirror, most of paint gone. Gauge cluster full of "yellow goop" behind the glass. Front plastic molding in front of the front windshield all cracked and peeling. After taking the wheels to get them fixed... Curb rash, they took off the paint to find body filler! I never even heard of that! I have pics. They used it to try to get the wheels true again. The "AMG" cladding on the passenger side stuck out about 1.5 inches. The cladding all along the bottom, the tabs that hold it to the car where snapped off. No AMG markings on the body kit at all. I sent all that back as they send they would fix it. Then they said they would buy the car back but the check bounced! I even gave him a week to deposit it as I agreed to that. Anyway there is more but you get the point. Just beware

Vince