Other Cars Discussion of non Mercedes Benz vehicles

Corvette just destroyed everyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2024 | 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Corvette just destroyed everyone

I grew up thinking the Corvette was cool, but at heart I always a Viper guy. The Viper was just more raw, more awesome, more American F U.

The last beautiful Corvette (to me) was the C6 ZR1. The power, the fender flares the smooth lines. I was never a fan of the "Transformers" look C7, and definitely not a fan of the continued transformers look C8. I think they could've done so much better in the exterior design - just look at the McLaren GT for example, which shockingly, looks eerily similar in shape and size and design. Yet, the McLaren's smooth curves just bring a level of beauty though and really make it look like a proper supercar.

Nonetheless, the C8 performance platform has really proven to be an incredible feat of engineering. For Corvette and GM to be able to make an "affordable" base platform for their engineering feats, has been truly astounding. All of the American companies (Ford, GM, and Chrysler) have made amazing engineering feats, but I think this Corvette has really pushed it this time.

Incredible credit to the engineers, and incredible credit to the management team to let the engineers do their thing and not restrict them like they normally do. For those that haven't seen the video yet posted today, that's 233.5 mph.

The following users liked this post:
chassis (10-15-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Congrats to the Corvette team. Impressive result.

Old 10-15-2024 | 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Resistance is futile, the Zora hybrid:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...ra-spy-photos/