Pacific NorthWest OR, WA

Recommendations for repair shops in Portland

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013 | 08:40 PM

2007 E63 AMG, 2009 ML63 AMG
Recommendations for repair shops in Portland

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought 2 used AMG vehicles and am now beginning to realize just how expensive they are going to be to maintain.

I'm looking for recommendations for any independent shops in the Portland area for repair work. I actually live in Tigard, so prefer someplace on the southwest side of town. I'm looking for excellent quality work at a fair price (isn't everyone?).

Since I'll probably be seeing these people a lot, it would also be great if they were friendly and had a cute receptionist so I felt better about giving her all of my money.

Looking on Google, Lakeside Mercedes Repair in Tigard appears to have an excellent rep. Any first hand experience by anyone here? Noble Motors is another one that seems to get good reviews.

Also wondering if there are any dealer service centers that are better than others in the Portland area or to put it another way, ones to stay away from.
Old 04-21-2013 | 01:17 AM

2002 C32
I work at the new beaverton mercedes dealership, I can help out with parts prices, our techs are pretty smart and our service writers know what they are doing. You should stop by and check it out! What kind of work do you need done?
Old 04-21-2013 | 09:08 PM

Actually I ended up going to the Beaverton Mercedes dealership about a week ago. I had the E63 ECU reflashed to correct a problem with it not shifting into 1st correctly.

I was very impressed with the service I got all the way around. Price also seemed reasonable. For anyone else reading this, I wouldn't hesitate recommending checking these guys out.

I plan to call tomorrow to make an appointment this week to bring my ML63 down to get an Airmatic Malfunction looked at. Time to find out if this aftermarket warranty is any good or not.

I talked to a nice guy down there for a while about cars including Overzealous1's blue SL55 when I was waiting for my car to be worked on. Perhaps that was you?

--- Ken
Old 04-21-2013 | 09:35 PM

2002 C32
Ha, yep I remember you now! I'm glad we could help out, was the tech able to figure out your software problem? Did it just need an update?
Old 04-21-2013 | 09:49 PM

Yeah, the ECU reflash took care of the problem. Apparently this is a known issue with the '07 E63's, but it took the tech a while to find the official reference to the problem.

I had to get my Eurocharged tune updated and reloaded once the factory ECU software was updated, but everything's all good now. I installed a CF front lip last week to give the car a little more of an aggressive look. Now I need to find something for the back which is still a little to understated in my opinion.