Pacific NorthWest OR, WA

Leavenwoth Drive 2017

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55
Leavenwoth Drive 2017

Are any forum members meeting up before the drive Saturday?
My buddy and I are in the south sound.

Andrew
Old 06-22-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R63
There is always a huge group of Audis that GTG
That's the post from AudiZ
Hello to everyone,

This meet started as a group of friends many years ago, but has grown into a bigger event each year. Last year there were people from all over the PNW at the meet, with about 50 cars on the top floor.

As of right now we are a little more than a month out from The Leavenworth Drive 2017. Its scheduled for Saturday June 24th 2016.

For those of you that aren't aware of what the Leavenworth Drive is, it's a charity drive to the small Bavarian town of Leavenworth, WA. They expect a $10 donation per car. It's aimed to be a european car drive, but obviously other car enthusiasts want to be included, so be prepared to expect guys like " Can I bring my Honda or Subaru?" It happens every year, and there's nothing you can do about it since the drive takes place on public roads. There's more info on the actual event in the link below. They have a FB page as well you can follow.

http://leavenworthdrive.com
Facebook Post

For years, the event organizers would hold a pre-meet at Bellevue College. Last year they did hold that main pre-meet, but this year they have reverted to the 2015 way of having many smaller meets at three different locations. For this reason I'm putting together a different (and better meeting spot!) on our own like we have been doing for several years right next to the college. This allows forum members, local car groups, friends, or whomever to meet beforehand, park next to each other, and leave as a group.

The meeting place will be the top floor of the Eastgate Park and Ride in Bellevue Washington probably between 8:30 and 9:30. This is also a great photo location. For those that have never been there before, its located adjacent to Bellevue College and right next to I90, theres a back entrance that takes you almost to the top floor. Not that it matters since there's no main BC meet, however in years past this allows everyone to avoid the hassle of getting in/out of the BC parking lot, which if you've ever done that you know how much of PITA it is, and the sooner we get to Leavenworth the better chance of finding parking you have. Parking is very limited in the town and there will be thousands of extra cars. It really becomes a free for all brawl. So the sooner the rollout the better chances for parking.

The event organizers try to encourage the 405N to 522 to HWY2 route to Leavenworth. The route that our little group has taken is the I90 east, a quick stop at the Safeway in Cle Elum to regroup, or bathroom break, then continue on to Blewett Pass into Leavenworth. This unconventional route has allowed us to bypass the HWY2 massacre that happens every year. 800 to 2000 more cars on the road means some pretty long backups. This route has always been smooth sailing, plus i90 means we get to cruise next to each other, and Blewett pass is a great driving road. Occasionally theres traffic on Blewett Pass, but they do have passing lanes every so often.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. This isn't exclusive to just AZ forum members, I extend the invite to anyone that wants to come have a good time with good people. I try to stick with a sharp 9:30am rollout, my car is a 2008 Avus Silver RS4. Its loud so people usually know when its time to roll out. We exit out the back side of the complex just one floor down, continue up the hill, take a right at the stop sign, and a left at the HOV on ramp onto I90. This route for exiting works much faster and allows more cars to stick together when cruising.

For the TLR people

Who: Everyone
What: Leavenworth Drive premeet
When: June 24th, 2017 8:30-9:30AM
Where: Eastgate Park and Ride, Bellevue, WA
Why: To avoid the BC parking mess, to avoid the HWY 2 back up, and to avoid the parking mess in Leavenworth
Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
May try to meet with you guys there at eastgate! I like the less traffic idea.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
'03 Brabus E55 K8, '11 C300 4matic
I've gotta work otherwise I'd be up for it...
Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E550 4Matic Sport
I would be interested in doing this drive over the next few weeks...