Notices
Pacific NorthWest OR, WA

any good shops in the Seattle area for lighting and stereo work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 GTI, 2014 E350 Wagon, 2015 GL450, 2018 GLC300
any good shops in the Seattle area for lighting and stereo work?

Hey guys, relatively new to the Seattle area. I'm looking to do two things to two different cars actually, both Mercedes-Benz.
#1- I want to install a carplay / Android auto box on an ntg4 .7 unit and my s212 E350 wagon. There's a Chinese company that actually makes a retrofit, and I just made a purchase on one as a test purchase. If you see the video here, it seems like you can get carplay retrofitted pretty easily. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YN57dJA3om4

In this case I really need some help too just take apart the dashboard minimally and install the system. Intend to do this on the other vehicle to if this turns out to work.

#2- in addition to the vehicle above, I wonder actually also install an oem retrofit for bi-xenon headlights on a x166 GL450. In this case it just requires purchasing the new headlight cluster, but requires dealership / MB system programming. This is where knowing a garage with access to that is more helpful. Also, if the above carplay / Android auto system works I would also add that to the GL450 too

Thoughts, advice, and directional help are all greatly appreciated. thanks.