Parting Out Parting out threads by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Who has a blown airbag or damaged junk steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK230, E55, Trail Jeep
Who has a blown airbag or damaged junk steering wheel?

I need a screw to repair my OEM wheel setup off my E55. One of the screws was stripped out, but with the cluster out I was able to drill the bad airbag holding screw out, but need that screw now. If you have a wheel with damage that is junk, the screw is one of the two that hold the airbag. To get to it you take out the four silver torx screws that hold the metal "core" of the steering wheel. once out the screws basically fall out. This style wheel is in the 2003-2006 E55 may very well be in others. The screw pictured is what I need, so if you have another wheel with that screw and you can get it out, I will take it.
Attached Thumbnails Who has a blown airbag or damaged junk steering wheel?-screw.jpg  

Last edited by emncfi; 02-28-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by emncfi
I need a couple of small parts to repair my OEM wheel setup off my E55. One of the screws was stripped out, but with the cluster out I was able to drill the bad airbag holding screw out, but need that screw now. If you have a wheel with damage that is junk, the screw is one of the two that hold the airbag. To get to it you take out the four silver torx screws that hold the metal "core" of the steering wheel. once out the screws basically fall out. This style wheel is in the 2003-2006 E55 may very well be in others. The screw pictured is what I need, so if you have another wheel with that screw and you can get it out, I will take it. Second I need what I think is technically the horn buttons off the back of the airbag. This is held to the back of the airbag with four small black screws. If you have a blown bag, and this piece is ok, I will take it too. On mine the circuit board on it once is it out needs to not overlap the hole in the center of the metal, I guess there are two designs.
I have a blown airbag somewhere here. Do you just need the blown air bag? I'd rather send you the entire piece than try and take it apart.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:49 PM

SLK230, E55, Trail Jeep
The only thing need is that back horn piece, however, If you don't want to remove it, that's fine, I can take the whole thing. I trick is that I need one with a Q3 sticker on it, some of the W211's have a Q6 on theirs, which has a different circuit board then the Q3
Old 02-28-2015, 10:51 PM

SLK230, E55, Trail Jeep
Someone out there have this screw I really need it so I can part ways with my old E55 wheel