Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HID upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 SLK 320
Question HID upgrades

I have 2001 SLK 320 with the halogens and have been doing research on upgrading my lights using the HID kits.

Anyone have suggestions on which kit may be better than others (i.e. more reliable)? Also, are the HIDs worth the $$$$ or I should simply replace the bulbs with PIAA bulbs or something?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 PM

01 SLK 320
Is anyone able to help with my HID conversion kit dilemma?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:09 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
HID's are indeed worth the money. The difference is literally like night and day.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 PM

HIDs are definitely worth the money, no doubt about it. The HIDs make it soo much easier on your eyes and the visibility is awesome. I like it so much I just recently upgraded to HID fogs too. As for brands, I think most will say that Philips is the best, but will run you much more than others (approx. $600 or so). If you don't want to fork out for Philips, there are many other brands out there, but light output and what not may not be the same.

As for me, I got an Xtec kit for the foglights which ran about $325 and they look great. And I also got a lifetime warranty as well. I can give you the info on the place I got it from if you are interested. They don't have Philips though, but do offer lifetime warranty on their kits.