Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Kleemann...........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Kleemann...........

Brandon,

Now that i'm running .1 bar of boost over stock (.6 bar w/pulley), how much hp/tq. gain at the rear wheels am i expecting? Do you think that the ECU still be able to provides more fuels, if let say, you run the S/C at .7 bar of boost? Now i know that you can't make my alloy pulley any bigger because then the belt will rub against the water pump pulley. I know that the problem can be fix by make the belt tensioner "pulley" bigger. The only other way to make more boost is to change out a smaller S/C pulley. Dynospot is the only one that i know of, that make a smaller S/C pulley. My only concern is fuel, i don't think the S/C is max out it capacity yet. Thank you, Brandon.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
linh-

The EATON sc on these M111 engines is a 45 cubic inch size, pretty small. The engine may very well be able to take more boost but making more boost is the problem. You cant just spin the sc to an infinite speed.

Spinning the sc faster comes at the expense of heat and parasitic hp loss. ROOTS (Eaton) type sc's are OK to about 7 psi and then they get very hungry for hp to turn them and spit out VERY hot air.

The ECU does not have a limitless ability to provide more fuel either- timing becomes very sensitive the hotter the intake air temp.

I would suggest that you look to other areas to make more power- intercooler, ECU, header, etc.

Power increase (typical) for that system is 28 RWHP.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:34 PM

Brandon,

I know that i'm suppose to used the Bosch colder plug with Kleemann pulley for my model, but i haven't because for some reason, my order for the plugs from Bosch haven't arrive yet. Brandon, without using colder plugs, is the "detonation" only happen at max boost? I still haven't take it up to max boost yet because i enjoy driving the car and shifting at the max torques power band.

Yesterday, me and a couple friends decided to took our's cars to the back roads and have fun with it. The temperature were in the 95 degree but the engine performanced wonderfully. There's no sign of pinging at all, maybe it was pinging but not that bad so i didn't hear it. Btw, Spearco will fax me the spec. and drawing of the upgrade intercooler for my car Monday. I just hope it does not cost an arm and a leg..:>)). Thank you again, Brandon.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:01 PM

Brandon,

i just recieved the Bosch colder spark plugs today. The plugs came with .7 mm pre-gap. Do i need to re-gap the plugs? I think that i should because this plugs are Bosch Motorsport universal plugs. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Linh, did you get do the dyno yet? Also if you talk to the dyno people see if they found my oil filter engine cover. I left it there by the dyno.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:01 AM

Buellwinkle, i'll wait until your car is ready so we can have both car dyno at the same time. I will check on your engine cover tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by linh
Brandon,

i just recieved the Bosch colder spark plugs today. The plugs came with .7 mm pre-gap. Do i need to re-gap the plugs? I think that i should because this plugs are Bosch Motorsport universal plugs. Thank you.
Use the plugs as they were supplied at .7mm- this is about .027" which is perfect for high combustion chamber pressures.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:37 AM

I feel much better now and thank you again, brandon.