Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Performance Upgrades for SLK230 Komp...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red '99 SLK230 Kompressor
Performance Upgrades for SLK230 Komp...?

Hey all, I am a newcomer to the Mercedes world. I just picked up a Red '99 SLK230 Kompressor on monday and love the car. Although I came from a Subaru with approx. 350hp. This was a big step down, and I am looking to get as much power out of this car is possible.

What can i do to get a lot of power out of this while keeping it reliable? And what kind of figures are we talking about? As well as where can I find these parts, new or used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Ryan
Old 04-21-2005, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by Merc230Komp
Hey all, I am a newcomer to the Mercedes world. I just picked up a Red '99 SLK230 Kompressor on monday and love the car. Although I came from a Subaru with approx. 350hp. This was a big step down, and I am looking to get as much power out of this car is possible.

What can i do to get a lot of power out of this while keeping it reliable? And what kind of figures are we talking about? As well as where can I find these parts, new or used?

Ryan
To get much higher numbers, you gonna have to pay to play and it would (in
my opinion cut back on the reliability - long term). Anyhow, you can chip it
and change the pullies to get around 213 hp/230 lb.-ft. Mod intake and exhaust to get more but not sure exactly how much. The Suburu like my VW turbo is a lot easier and cheaper to mod and end up with serious power. Good
luck with the mods and welcome to the MB family!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32AMG
Originally Posted by Merc230Komp

Ryan
This would be a bolt-in. :p