Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Everyone, please read this............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Everyone, please read this............

I want to make a public apologize to Kleemann for an OVER reacted to my car “lean” running condition after I installed the kleemann alloy pulley. Well, I went to my dealer yesterday to have my car check out the “lean” condition I though I have based on the dyno chart but after taking to Mercedes Master Mechanic Tech for 30 mins and showed him my dyno chart, He asked me a lot questions but to make it short, he said that, the way the dyno shop check for A/F ratio is not that accurate by sniffing the exhaust gas from the tail pipe because every cars is equipment with a “Cat Converter”, and it job is to filter out as much of the unburn gas out before being releases into the air. So by checking the A/F ratio from the tail pipe, it would show much leaner then it actually is because of the “Cat Converter” already filter/burn up the unburn gas. He said that, to get a true accurate reading of the A/F ratio, you must get it before the “Cat Converter”, where’s the gas have not been filter yet. And to do that, you must get the A/F ratio from the first O2 sensor. So based on my dyno chart and factored in the “Cat Converter” (because it was taken at the muffler) he said that, my car A/F ratio are just a little bit on the high side but still OK. He also said the because my car is equipment with the air pump and when it kick in, it will make it run a little lean. He told me not to worry unless you hear pinging. He was nice to tell me that, he didn’t want me to waste money by him using the DAS laptop computer to reset my ECU but tell me that I can do that myself by disconnect the battery and give it at least one weeks for the ECU to fully adapting itself base on my driving style. He also told me to drive aggressive after I reset the ECU because that how it recognize my aggressive driving and store it. Kleemann, please except my apologize. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Linh- Apology accepted!

Now reset your ECU and go drive like a madman!
Old 06-30-2002, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Kleemann,

Me drive like a madman? No need to, cause Vadim from EvoSport did that for me today at the BBQ event today in San Diego. I got a chance to meet Mark Cumming and Vadim today and they're very nice down to earth people. Vadim was so nice to offer me a free dyno run for my car to check out the A/F ratio. I will definitely take up on that next week after i get my injectors clean up. Thank you Vadim.