Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...

How's it goin' everybody? I've been trying to locate somebody in the w203 forums to help out on this one, but had no luck, so hopefully I can find the help I need here in the tech forum.

I've got a 2004.5 C 230 K Sport Sedan (w/ refresh - 17 staggered wheels). I was under the impression that my car had the AMG swaybars and sport AMG springs. I may have gotten the wrong impression as it seems that the 2005's got the upgraded suspension, but maybe not my 04.5.

Regardless, I just recently bought the Front and Rear Brabus swaybars from IDriveFast. I went to have them installed this past weekend and the shop could only get the rear swaybar on, but not the front. The reason was that the bushings that are on the Brabus swaybar did not marry properly to the stock brackets.

I called Brabus North America to find out what the problem may be or why exactly it won't match up. They said they would need to see the car in order to determine. Problem is, I don't want to pay them $50 just to analyze why it won't match up and what is needed (to have them install would be $150).

I also called The Wheel Supply because many members here seem to trust their work. According to what they said, I would need to get the brackets designed for the 2002 model. Only thing is, IDriveFast has a 2003 C32, so I'm wondering if it would be even better to get brackets for the C32.

My point is, I'm stuck now. I even checked on "other" forums for a solution, but I didn't find a "definitive" answer. The main question is, "Do I need to change the bracket in order to fit the Brabus front swaybar?" or "Is there a bracket specifically designed to marry to the Brabus bushings/couplings?"

If anybody in here can help, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

drex
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
I don't think that your car has AMG sways. And I will bet money that is the problem. I believe it is the same problem that I had with my 04 coupe. Eibach (and probably Brabus) modeled the sway bar bushings after the AMG bushings, which are quite different. So, the problem is that the bushings won't match up to the brackets. At least that is what my problem with Eibach was.

The good news is that it is very simple to correct. All you need are the AMG brackets. They are cheap, about 10-15 bucks. I may still have some pictures that illustrate the problem and solution, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. I'll look tomorrow and post them if I still have them.

Either way, I will post the part numbers for the AMG brackets and updated approximate prices. Hopefully that will help solve the problem.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
I don't think that your car has AMG sways. And I will bet money that is the problem. I believe it is the same problem that I had with my 04 coupe. Eibach (and probably Brabus) modeled the sway bar bushings after the AMG bushings, which are quite different. So, the problem is that the bushings won't match up to the brackets. At least that is what my problem with Eibach was.

The good news is that it is very simple to correct. All you need are the AMG brackets. They are cheap, about 10-15 bucks. I may still have some pictures that illustrate the problem and solution, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. I'll look tomorrow and post them if I still have them.

Either way, I will post the part numbers for the AMG brackets and updated approximate prices. Hopefully that will help solve the problem.
Sweet! You're the best. The part numbers would help tremendously, cuz I could easily purchase the brackets and bring them back if they're not the correct ones. I tried to get the information from my dealership, but they said they needed a VIN number in order to find out.

It's not a super "rush" job, so when you get the opportunity to post the part number for the brackets, I really appreciate it a lot.

drex
Old 08-03-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
Hi Drex,

Here are the part numbers for the ones I have on my car:

A 203 323 11 40 (Lt)
A 203 323 12 40 (Rt)

Now, in the EPC I see a different version from chassis 479000 or so of the C 32, but I'll bet that the Brabus modeled thier bars and bushings after the earlier version. But, just to be safe, here is the part number of the later version:

A 203 323 27 40 (same part both sides)

By comparing these pictures to what are already on your car and the new bushings, it should be apparent what the problem is. The ones that came on my car stock were nothing like this at all. In fact they were bonded to the torsion bar so that the bar and bushings were one part so that there was no concern with the bar moving back and forth from the left to the right. However, with the AMG version, that is not the case, and you can see that the bracket is shaped in such a way as to hold in the bushing so it doesn't fall out.

I hope this helps!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...-img_0750.jpg   Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...-img_0751.jpg   Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...-img_0752.jpg   Bracket to match front Brabus Swaybar...-img_0753.jpg  

Last edited by mbbodytech; 08-03-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by mbbodytech
Hi Drex,

Here are the part numbers for the ones I have on my car:

A 203 323 11 40 (Lt)
A 203 323 12 40 (Rt)

Now, in the EPC I see a different version from chassis 479000 or so of the C 32, but I'll bet that the Brabus modeled thier bars and bushings after the earlier version. But, just to be safe, here is the part number of the later version:

A 203 323 27 40 (same part both sides)

By comparing these pictures to what are already on your car and the new bushings, it should be apparent what the problem is. The ones that came on my car stock were nothing like this at all. In fact they were bonded to the torsion bar so that the bar and bushings were one part so that there was no concern with the bar moving back and forth from the left to the right. However, with the AMG version, that is not the case, and you can see that the bracket is shaped in such a way as to hold in the bushing so it doesn't fall out.

I hope this helps!

Mike
Nice! Thanks again, Mike.

I'm gonna check on the parts this afternoon. Sent you a PM.