Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Best Mod kit for CLS55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Mod kit for CLS55?

Just got my CLS55 and looking into mods. I'm wondering if anyone has REAL stats and or experiance with packages from Renntech, Kleemann or others. Probably looking in to a low to mid level mod (ECU and pulley). If you could list the going prices or what you paid that would help as well.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Go RENNtech.

Their full kit is around 16K$ and includes the following.

ECU Performance Upgrade**
w. Larger Crankshaft Pulley
and Stainless Steel Headers
and Carbon Fibre Airbox
and Large Throttle Body

Somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 100hp gain. Same with torque.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Thumbs up Evo Sport

I would go with Evo Sport in Huntington Beach, CA, It's near you and many of the forum members have enjoyed succussful Mod. programs with them. (Lowering, Pulley, ECU Programming, Headers, Intercooler Upgrade, LSD, Brake Rotors, and Intake Manifold Gaskets). - Bob
Old 09-04-2005, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...............go with someone that will give you before and after dyno in RWP for each indivudual component you choose to install, otherwise you are wasting your money. You may wish to contact Doonie at MBS motors in GA. 7706238280. He has quietly obtained before and after dyno's in RWHP for Kleemann headers plus ECU and Kleemann pulley plus ECU.........all done separately including price. You won't be scammed. He also has a tried various custom made pulleys and has before and after dyno's. Basically, you get about 25-35RWHP when you do a pulley plus ECU. You get about 20RWHP when you then add headers plus ECU. These are results from testing multiple pulleys. Anyone quoting you significantly higher numbers is wrong. The cost is should be about $3.5K for the and ECU and about $3.5K for the headers.

...........Renntech adds carbon fiber airbox and larger throttle body to bing the cost to $16K. I have never seen a before and after dyno of the carbon fiber airbox alone or dyno for the larger throtle body alone. So I will be skeptical until I see before and after dyno's of these components. It makes sense that they might improve HP, but by how much and at what cost?

..........Most importantly, you should may wish to get street legal drag radials. Will be the cheapest and most effective mod for improving 0-60and quatermile times in your car. Cost under 500 hundred dollars. If you have extra cash, add an LSD.......cost $2.5K. Both of these are less expensive than pulleys and headers and improve 0-60 and quatermile times even better.

Ted