Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

V12 - supercharged ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl 600 (W215), AMG styled with Lorinser decklid spoiler and roof wing, Lorinser LM6 20"wheels
Question V12 - supercharged ?

Hi everyone,
I got the current (W215) CL 600 and had been the happiest driver around here until I saw what Kleemann's supercharger did to the basic V8. Well, I think I should have gone for the loaded CL500 then having it upgraded by Kleemanns... That's what I call a misfortune for the otherwise lucky MB owner...

Now, seriously, could anyone hint if there are superchargers available for the 215th's V12. Just finding drilling out cylinders too cumbersome for me and turbo-powering too damaging for the engine. Would be torturing Kleemanns with this question had they not been closed till 1st of Aug for vacation. Lucky them!
Regards
Old 07-20-2002, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Alex, I do not know anyone making SC kit for the V12. Can you get 92 octane gas in Moscow? Without good gas you can not run boost.
Old 07-21-2002, 05:55 AM

Cl 600 (W215), AMG styled with Lorinser decklid spoiler and roof wing, Lorinser LM6 20"wheels
That's a shame... Nevertheless I was told by the Kleemann's rep in the Baltics that they had been working on something good for the V12 that would be coming this fall. We'll see.

The gas... yes you never know there, I have to admit. The brand awareness does not help either, as long as my other car, Caddy STS was almost stalled after a year of filling at the BP stations. As I was shown the spark plugs at the service station later while the guys were trying to resurrect the damaged injectors - they were red. The reason being that they normally add some octane boosters to the regular low octane petrol, so here it comes, as good as it gets from the 92nd, equivalent to your 89th, for instance. But that refers to the highest grade gas available - 98th premium, usually the 95th (your 92nd) is OK.
Still, there are lots of turbined cars around, you just have to keep a close eye on that potential problem too.

Last edited by AlexB; 07-21-2002 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
I believe BRABUS offers 6.7L 480HP normally aspirated engine upgrade. You might be able to get them to build you lower compression version of this motor. It will loose some power, but then you do not have to worry about octane.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:54 AM

Thanks Vadim, please let me know if you hear that somebody has succeeded to add an extra herd of horses to that engine with a SC.

Last edited by AlexB; 07-23-2002 at 10:25 AM.