Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

CLK55 w/ K&N dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55
CLK55 w/ K&N dyno numbers

That was me - but until recently I could not post....

You can go digging in this directory that I have on my CLK55 on AOL (I know - sucks as an FTP site... ) but it has dyno results, the spreadsheet in excel, pics of the exhaust from under the car while up on the lift... etc.

http://members.aol.com/clk55amg2001/Dyno

It DEFINATELY gives you horsepower:

3.7 hp (at the wheels)
11.6 lb/ft torque (at the wheels) - yea baby!

Oh, Mr V was saying that there was like a 10+ hp gain - actually that is true as well - just look at the spread on the hp curve on the lower RPMs. I was stating "peak" figures above.

I just looked at the original spreadsheet again. The Max hp gain is 15.7 hp at the wheels at 4400 rpm, with the average hp gain from 3700 rpm through 4900 rpm is 11.36 hp at the wheels.

Not bad for the dollars spent - even if you only drop them in at the track!

Other random pics of the CLK55:
http://members.aol.com/clk55amg2001

shell
clk55
Old 12-12-2001, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
...but there is a noticeable drop in both power and torque below 3700 rpm... at least, according to the dyno graph... interesting. This means, the car should be a little slower off-the-line? Can you please verify?
Old 12-12-2001, 02:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's interesting, because I don't think most people pay attention to that. Do you think ECU work could fix that?
Old 12-12-2001, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55
shifting

I think part of the issue is where the dyno technician / driver has to hold the rpms above 3K before he floors it so the car does not down shift.

Even when manually select the gear on the dyno, the car would downshift to a lower gear if the rpms were too low.

So, I think part of the graph on the low rpms are skewed because the driver has to try to hold the rpms, turn on the data logging, and then "roll" / hammer the accelerator.

Is Lincoln (new M3) on the list still??? He was there when I did the runs. Maybe he or Mr. Vanos can testify / explain this better. But I think it is an issue of how fast / hard the driver can get on the acceleration to WOT to prevent downshifting.......