Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Tuning for 2004 CLK 320?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 318is (E36)
Tuning for 2004 CLK 320?

I have a 2004 silver CLK 320 which is technically my mom's (I'm 15 and only have a permit, "my" car is a 1991 300E which I hardly ever drive because once I got a taste of my mom's CLK's acceleration, I haven't stopped thinking about it lol) so anyways, I have been saving up my money since I was a kid to buy a car and I have about $9,000 USD in my bank account and my dad promised me that how ever much I saved up he would double it but I'm not going to count on that, so for about $10,000 what can be done to an '04 CLK? remembering that I live in California....also, I do not want to put a spoiler or body kit on this car unless I can get one that looks just like the AMG one and I get someone to professionally install it to make it look like it belongs there! other than that I'd be interested in engine upgrades mostly, ECU, even a turbo or super charger would be sweet though I wonder, would adding a turbo or supercharger make the car sound vastly different? I REALLY like the exhaust note when its nearing the redline so thats about it, anyone got any suggestions for me? I have AT LEAST 6 months before I'm given custody of the car from my parents (lol) so I have nothing but time to think about this, thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
You might want to check out the supercharger link in my sig.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 318is (E36)
You have a CLK 430 correct? (and thus I'm assuming its the model year before mine, 2002 and before right?) so how would mine compare with the 3.2 V6, would I install the same 'charger or is there a different one for the different engines (like Brabus which has different levels of tuning) lastly, could you link me to this House of Power? thanks for the reply though.

Oops I just saw your sig picture, Im assuming now that that's the car you're referring to and I'll just google HoP lol.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by Remonster
You have a CLK 430 correct? (and thus I'm assuming its the model year before mine, 2002 and before right?) so how would mine compare with the 3.2 V6, would I install the same 'charger or is there a different one for the different engines (like Brabus which has different levels of tuning) lastly, could you link me to this House of Power? thanks for the reply though.

Oops I just saw your sig picture, Im assuming now that that's the car you're referring to and I'll just google HoP lol.
It would be a similar system, but not exactly the same. Your car also has a 3.27 rear-end which would be perfect for a charger.

You can get to their website at www.hopracing.com