Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500

My buddy has an E500 and it is 3 years old. He wants to beef up the power, and I am not an expert on MB's. I drive another car and know a lot about performance stuff, but I am clueless about what is available for the MB's, and in particular, his model.

I am assuming the logic is the same.

Level 1: exhaust, CAI and some programming to take advantage of the breathing. Maybe 25-50HP. $2K or something like that.

What is the next level? I have heard of Brabus and seen a lot of AMG's. Are there some nice pre-set kits with a nice balance of parts all worked out for the E500? Some links with packages and prices would be great.

Another question is, he likes the new Lexus 460 (it is nice). I am assuming there is not much in terms of upgrades yet for that puppy, so if he wants real cranium rushes, he'll get them quicker by modding his E500. Or getting an E63, but that is another story.

How would you advise? I think he would be up for spending up to $10K or so to pump his E500 up.

Ralph
Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Kleemann blower around $15gs installed on his car.