Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

450 v8 parts help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 v8 parts help

You are all going to think i am mad but,
I work in a performance tuning centre in melbourne vic australia and i decided to embark on an ambitious project,
The plan is to build a 450 to run injected LPG and about 13-1 comp custom intake manifold( ihave already made it). tuned lenth headers, wasted spark coil pack ignition.With the aim of getting about 350rwkw.
I have spent the time and ultra sounded all the bores and I have about 220 thou liner thickness to play with.
I have had the crank nitrided and all the weights taken out and replaced with mallory metal.
The block has been torque plate line bored/honed and I am currently in the process of developing a set of camshafts fwith one of the local cam mobs here in oz.
The delema i am having is sourcing pistons and knowledge on how much the cranks can take before failure. Also con rods are turning into an issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Craig
email me at dasher_00@hotmail with any info,hints and "what the hell you must be mad" comments