Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Noise between gas pump and filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise between gas pump and filter

Hi, My 99 c230 Kompressor makes loud buzz noises coming from the rear. Are buzzes of 10 or more seconds of lenght with 4 or 6 pause between them. It is so loud you can hear them inside even with windows closed. You can feel the vibration in the center console (between the two front seats). Isīt very annoying. Last night I went under the car and the noise comes from the short hose that connects the fuel pump and the gas filter. Itīs not the pump, I touched it and it doesnīt vibrate as the hose I mention.

Is this normal??

Thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by carlosr23
Hi, My 99 c230 Kompressor makes loud buzz noises coming from the rear. Are buzzes of 10 or more seconds of lenght with 4 or 6 pause between them. It is so loud you can hear them inside even with windows closed. You can feel the vibration in the center console (between the two front seats). Isīt very annoying. Last night I went under the car and the noise comes from the short hose that connects the fuel pump and the gas filter. Itīs not the pump, I touched it and it doesnīt vibrate as the hose I mention.

Is this normal??

Thanks in advance
Are the nosie make you annoy and have anyother problem in driving your
car ? eg: fall short of engine power? in my idear place the pump and
filter . maybe the fuel tank not impurity.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 AM

When I bought the car, it had no fuel pump, it had been stolen. So I replaced it with a used Bosch this dealer sold to me. The car runs good, good driving. Except for some low milage (15 mpg) but I guess itīs because I drive it short distances dayly (6 miles trips), and sometimes the shifting itīs kind of rough or it takes 3k rpm to shift from first to second gear and third gear.
I had not had any mercedes before, so Iīm newby in this matter

Thanks for the answer Lenovo. Sorry for taking so long to reply but I had lost my hope that someone would reply mine so I took more time to come back and check. Iīll check more often now that you have cared for my problem

Thanks again