Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

thanks..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool thanks..

thanks....man...
yes...my car is C230 compressor...
but i am looking for supercharger that can get more 100 hourspower...
do you know where can i do it in California?
that you a lot...
Old 10-21-2002, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
you might be out of luck. You can get a pulley upgrade but that will not get you 100HP increase. To get that much HP, you will need a supercharger replacement. I know that Kleemann does not have one for your car. I don't know who else does.

Ted
Old 10-21-2002, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check with www.benzboy.com, he can make custom manifolds so you can bolt up a small turbo. One person got 314 HP at the wheels with a small Mitsubishi turbo. Shouldn't cost that much as the car is already equipped for force induction and you can reuse some parts like the intercooler, probably under $5K. Do it, you'll have one of the fastests coupes around.

Assuming you didn't get an '03, using existing mods you can go to about 260HP with an ASP pulley, Renntech intercooler, chip, supersprint headers/exhaust, CAI intake. Also Brabus and Renntech make a 2.5L upgrade that may get you close to 100HP with all the other mods combined. If you got an '03 you are totally out of luck, try stickers for more power.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:27 AM

Wink thanks...man...!

thanks you tell me a lot of information about that...!
and i also have another question about C230...
which one i s better between 2002 c230 and 2003 c230...
when i bought this car,the dealer told me that 2002 was more powerful than 2003...
is that true..?
Old 10-22-2002, 05:23 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
hellooooooo, do u realize that there's already a supercharger in your car. .

Last edited by amgme; 10-22-2002 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:55 AM

Wink yes.....i know...

yes..i know....
but i want to get more power.....
i aks kleemann about change superchager.....
he said i can get more 100 HP,but i have to pay 15K...
so expensive......!
does anybody know about price....?
Old 10-22-2002, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: thanks...man...!

Originally posted by Mark Chen
thanks you tell me a lot of information about that...!
and i also have another question about C230...
which one i s better between 2002 c230 and 2003 c230...
when i bought this car,the dealer told me that 2002 was more powerful than 2003...
is that true..?
The 2002 is 3 more HP but the real difference is that there are lots of mods now available for this engine. Nothing that I know of is available for the '03 although Renncpe says the Renntech intercooler will also fit the '03. You're best bet is to remove the S/C and go with a turbo to get decent boost numbers and possibly 2.5L kit. It's going to cost you serious money but you sound serious so dropping 10-15K is in the right ballpark. Unless you want a 100 shot of NOS, that will set you back about $600 for a wet kit.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:18 PM

maybe it is a good way and cheap....

dealer told me that i also can put Lorinser-ADI,then i can get more 40 HP......
and it's very cheap....about 1K
is that true?
do you know which company also have this kind of thing can improve HP such as Brabus,kleemann....
i think if i spend about 15k to get more 100 HP,it's so stupid and i can change to buy a C32 AMG......ha....ha...
does anybody know about that...(lorinser-adi....or the other company's product like that....)
thanks....!
Old 10-22-2002, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What year is your coupe?

The Lorinser kit is probably just a crankshaft pulley kit like so many, Brabus, Renntech, Kleemann, ASP Racing, Carlson, Vaeth, Opera Design, Wetteraur. Never heard of a Lorinser kit though. They all claim about 20-40hp increase, my personal experience is somewhere in between. Generally they are all the same, they make your s/c spin faster for more boost. They are generally all the same size as this is limited by other pullies. The only real difference in that most are factory pulleys with a ring attached to make it bigger, the Kleemann Alloy and ASP pulley are complete new pulleys that are much lighter in weight and produce more power. The most expensive is the Brabus kit at a few thousand, the least expensive is the ASP at $350, the rest are in between. Search the W203 forum for more info. The most popular is the ASP which I hear has sold more pulleys on the forum than all other tuners combined. I also have installation instructions on other forums if you are interested, try www.benzforum.com and click on the How To's button. It takes about an hour with moderate skills if you have 6-spd, requires more tools and time with an automatic.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:02 PM

my car is 2002 C230..what's ASP..?

what's ASP..?

If i install the ASP,i also can get more 20-40 Hp?

how about carlsson...?

Can i find any dealer in LA?

how much for kit that my can get more HP?

Thank....
Old 10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All the kits put out the same boost, the Kleemann and ASP pulley are much lighter so they put out a few more HP. If you want the ASP Racing pulley, they are made to order, call Lee at (281) 261-5811, they cost $350, 1 month lead time, if you want Kleemann, call one of the forum owners, Brad, Ben, Simon at Evosport.com, it's $899. Don't know much about the Carlsson product as it's not available in the U.S. Call a dealer in Germany and see about ordering it there, I believe it's about $1,800. If you prefer German tuners, check Vaeth, they have very nice pulley for $1,200 although it's steel and not as much power as the Kleemann or ASP. Vaeth also is ordered solely in Germany and shipped to the U.S. Same with Opera Design, another German tuner.