Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

lowering suspension question!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C280
lowering suspension question!!

hi i just bought a 99 c280 white.. im going to put 19' black rims on it and tint the back lights black.. i want to know about lowering the suspension with some coil overs.. is it going to ruin my car?

i want to do this.. but my uncle who works on cars over 20 years now.. tells me with his experience it ruins the car and is not worth the headache and the problems that will arise.. i want to hear from people that have done it and can tell me a thing or two. PLEASE HELP!!

i will post picks when its completed

thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by mnypwrrspkt662
hi i just bought a 99 c280 white.. im going to put 19' black rims on it and tint the back lights black.. i want to know about lowering the suspension with some coil overs.. is it going to ruin my car?

i want to do this.. but my uncle who works on cars over 20 years now.. tells me with his experience it ruins the car and is not worth the headache and the problems that will arise.. i want to hear from people that have done it and can tell me a thing or two. PLEASE HELP!!

i will post picks when its completed

thanks
I have done coil over setups on my M3 and 928S4, and the car worked great. We also recommend them to our clients and haven' been informed of any problems.