Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Drivability effects of the K&N Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Drivability effects of the K&N Filter

I've read all the threads about the K&N filter, but still have one question.
When I popped a K&N filter into my Toyota Rav4, I noticed the car would coast less after I let my foot off the throttle. It took a bit getting used to and I didn't really like it.

Does the same thing happen with the K&N filter on the w203, c230k ? or other mercedes that you guys have noticed? Any info would be great.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I recommend K&Ns for all our clients. It just helps the car breathe better and enhances our work. No drivabiity problems with any of the brands that we work on.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I recommend K&Ns for all our clients. It just helps the car breathe better and enhances our work. No drivabiity problems with any of the brands that we work on.
+1
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The K&N breathe better... but let more dust into the engine.... so this is not so good.... a lot of people have a few problems w them... do a search

W modern engine management systems... it won't let more air in....

Racing vehicles, are just that.... dismantled and rebuilt after every races....

Go amsoil, I have been using one on the jeep for over 8 years.... or 80,000miles.... in mostly dusty environment.... still w the original engine....at 335,000miles

Michel
74 wagoneer
79 450sl
Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
If the filter is properly maintained (cleaned and oiled as directed) there should not be any problem with dust. As far as performance- K&N and other comparable reusable performace filters are supposed to increase air intrake therefore increases hp and response. I have always used K&N (and TRD with my Toyota) and always noticed an increase in performace but a decrease in fuel economy. There are of course always trade offs. I however do not plan on putting one in my new C300
Old 12-23-2007, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W123 200T -86
I came to know of www.trueflow.com through a veggie site, saw their demo on youtube and was impressed. They use thick foam instead of a 1/16" (or so) paper or cloth that is normally used by other brands. Enormous differance in the ability to clean dusty air and a significant power increase.

Don't think they have anything specificly for Mercedes though, but people should get in contact with them so that they fix some cus they are that good!