Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

How long does it take to order pre-painted lense from Evosport??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long does it take to order pre-painted lense from Evosport??

Hey all!

Just wondering who else here ordered some pre-painted lenses from Evosport? I ordered mine on Oct 1st and up to now still haven't received it??? Is this normal for Evosport to take this long to order these lenses?? Just curious.

Thanks all!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
James,

I apologize for the delay in receiving your lenses, but as I explained to you in a previous email, we are at the mercy of the paint shops. We are a tuner, and don't have the money to have our own in-house paint shop of the quality we demand for our customers. So, we have not choice but to work with high-class paint shops. As many of you could probably guess, painting sidemarkers is not a sufficient source of revenue, especially when compared to bumpers or whole cars, so our orders are often pushed back while they work on clients who they believe are more valuable to them. This is just as disconcerning to me as I'm sure it is to you, but what can we do about it? Every paint shop we have worked with is the same. The only ones that can get the product out faster are either of average quality, or call us up halfway into it, and decide that it isn't profitable enough for them to continue.

When a lens order is not in stock, the customer is always told that it will be about 2 to 3 weeks in order to get their lenses put through production. Again, we do not paint the lenses, so there is nothing we can do to speed the process. I'm sure that your order seems especially long since you had been asking for them for about 2 months prior, yet never placed an order. In that time, we had several in your color ship out to customers, which left temporarily out of stock.

Your lenses should be completed by the end of this week, and quickly sent out to you. If you have any further questions, call or send me an email.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Out Of Control!

No need to apologize Ben. I completely understand that you guys are at the mercy of the shop. I'm jus trying to understand the 2 to 3 weeks wait that you tell your customers. Anyways let me know when they are ready and i will pick them up from you guys.

Thanks again Ben!
Old 12-02-2002, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered Sept 11th got them 2 weeks ago. I'm not slamming Evosport at all, the part was A+ Quality, worth every penny. You can check my previous post for pics....
Old 12-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Out Of Control!

That's great Tarik! However still haven't received mine. Wonder how many more weeks????
Old 12-17-2002, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JamE55
That's great Tarik! However still haven't received mine. Wonder how many more weeks????
Weeks?? Why don't you just go to a local body shop and ask them to paint the lens for you? It shouldn't take more than a couple hours... Or better yet, just get the European side impact strips.