Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Water/Methanol Injection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I downgraded to a VW, it's still German though
Lightbulb Water/Methanol Injection

Anybody done this? I am bored and want to do something to my C230 with a M271. I know I am not going to get much power or anything, but I want to build a MW injection system on my car, just because. I have spare parts and a pump that can blast 0-150 psi. I think the mix has to be shot at 50psi+ to atomize properly. I still need a nozzle and check valve. I was going to have it activate at full throttle only. I am not in a hurry to build it, but when I do(about a month from now) I'll let everyone know and get pictures. First though, has anyone done it before?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by ushawk1
Anybody done this? I am bored and want to do something to my C230 with a M271. I know I am not going to get much power or anything, but I want to build a MW injection system on my car, just because. I have spare parts and a pump that can blast 0-150 psi. I think the mix has to be shot at 50psi+ to atomize properly. I still need a nozzle and check valve. I was going to have it activate at full throttle only. I am not in a hurry to build it, but when I do(about a month from now) I'll let everyone know and get pictures. First though, has anyone done it before?
Yes (it's the M111K, but the procedure would essentially be the same). If you searched the w203 forum for "methanol" you'd have found it. Or you can just go here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=methanol