Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Lucas - How can MB/AMG get away with this ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucas - How can MB/AMG get away with this ???

Hello Lucas,

Quoting from

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=7

You mentioned:-

I heard a lot of stories in Germany the past six month, with production delay, 3 SL 55 at MB Düsseldorf with blown engines, I know personally 1 guy where MB/AMG had to give him his money back from the car he owned less than 6 month, the fuel economy
was not even close to what they promised, cruseing at 100 mph
it runs 3 km pr. litter ( a KLEEMANN runs 7-8 ), they had to change and modify the whole fuel system ect. ect.

Question is how can MB/AMG get away with these blunders ??? Surely guys like AutoBild etc... will find out sooner or later ???

Regards
Old 01-31-2003, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To keep it short

Don't wait for autobild or any other magazine to write anything
negative.

I happens to know quite a lot of journalists arround the world, to say that car magazines are free press will be far from the truth.

1 journalist freind of mine, just went from Denmark to Mexico on a 1 st. class plaine ticket, 5 days stay on 1 st. class hotel to test a MB model ( I forgot which one ). MB Denmark pays every cent.
It's so simple, if they write negative tests of the cars, they won't be invited on the next trip or their magazine will be banned for any future MB event.

Strangely enough, the Swedish journalist who flipped over with the world famous elk test in a MB A - Class, he and his magazine
is always writing very positive about MB after they placed a heavy
advertising budget with them.

Volvo, MB, AUDI, GM, FORD, ect, ect it's all the same, the magazines would not be there with out them, and for tuners, some magazines will ask advertising for articles, some will jump in that trap others have such a strong product that they will tell the them to go to hell.

Good press will kill all the bad stories, so don't eat every thing raw, judge your self what's right or wrong.