Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Any reputable tuners/ mod shops in Minnesota?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Any reputable tuners/ mod shops in Minnesota?

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good tuners/shops/mechanics in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I've done some searching but haven't turned up much for MB here. Almost every performance shop I've found is either for American cars or they only do VW or BMW. I'm surprised how many places I've contacted simply about installing a set of springs tell me, no sorry we don't do that sort of thing here...

I'm looking for basics like suspension, wheels and performance tuning. Right now I'm stuck working with my dealer. It would be nice to find a place that is friendly to MB enthusiasts.

TIA!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 PM

2006 E500 4Matic
Originally Posted by Krytech
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good tuners/shops/mechanics in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I've done some searching but haven't turned up much for MB here. Almost every performance shop I've found is either for American cars or they only do VW or BMW. I'm surprised how many places I've contacted simply about installing a set of springs tell me, no sorry we don't do that sort of thing here...

I'm looking for basics like suspension, wheels and performance tuning. Right now I'm stuck working with my dealer. It would be nice to find a place that is friendly to MB enthusiasts.

TIA!
Are you working with Feldmann's, Sears or Maplewood?

To answer your question, yes. Imola Motorsports in Golden Valley can handle anything Merc related. PM me and I can give you the owners contact info.

On a side note, you should connect up with us for our monthly Cars and Coffee/Cafe at the Minneapolis Motorplex in Chanhassen. First Saturday of every month, 9am-11am.

We are also in the process of organizing a date/time to have L.E.T Motorsports up here for a tuning day. Let me know if there is any interest from you in that regard.

Cheers,

Ryan

Last edited by RJHerrmann; 04-06-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Maplewood Imports.

I could be interested in the L.E.T. tuning day but I'm not sure they do anything for my car yet. Right now, if I do something, I'm looking at Kleemann headers and their ECU tune for starters.

PM Sent!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
I had some work done over in Woodbury from Metric Auto-Chris-great shop and def did a stand up job-check out the new MBZ forum for MN owners (PM for web address)-
enjoy the weather!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
+1 for Metric Auto