Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Exhaust Options for C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Exhaust Options for C300

I have been doing a lot of research on a few inexpensive options to improve the exhaust sound of my 2008 C300. A lot of W204 owners have replaced the stock X style resonator with an open X-Pipe and have gotten a good bit more sound. The problem is, the 350 sounds pretty good while the 300 is pretty raspy. It seems like staight pipes would give me the deepest tone but may actually hurt power a little as well as be more prone to droning. I am thinking of cutting out the stock X style resonator and replacing with an H-pipe...just a simple crossover tube. Seems like it may be a good compromise for power and tone.
Any feedback on things to keep in mind or avoid??
Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Oh well, thought I would try something to save a few bucks and maybe, just maybe get a really nice sound. I had a shop cut the resonator out and simple replace it with two seperate straight pipes. Kinda sounds like crap now. It's loud enough, but in that ricer, trumphety kind of way. Back to the drawing board. I guess I will just put an x-pipe in there and see how it sounds...if that doesnt work, I am thinking of pulling some of the guts out of the stock resonator and putting it back in...