Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

(?)KLEEMANN about the pulley for the SLK230.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 & W204 3.0L 4matics & MR2 Supercharger
(?)KLEEMANN about the pulley for the SLK230.

I have a SLK230 build date 7/99 what options do you have in the crankshaft pulley department and do you pullies have the harmonic balancer?

NP
Old 02-22-2003, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice car, if you live in the mid-atlantic then you don't need more power, the streets are covered in snow. Better off spending the money on chains and snow tires.

ASP offers a solid alloy pulley with steel hub for $300 and a factory pulley with a steel ring for $200 (+ your factory pulley). The steel ring is pressed and welded on and then rebalanced. Of course the alloy pulley will provide the best yields but some are afraid that the damper will dampen their fun so they get the other kind. After you buy the pulley you'll need a kit from Linh (619.972.4114) to relocate the MAS, 4 cooler spark plugs, a belt, and a fuel pressure regulator, I think he charges about $350 for this kit and he can order the ASP pulley for you. Also get an ITG or K&N filter, I've been getting a consistant 3-4HP in my testing on multiple cars.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 & W204 3.0L 4matics & MR2 Supercharger
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Nice car, if you live in the mid-atlantic then you don't need more power, the streets are covered in snow. Better off spending the money on chains and snow tires.
Thanks for all the info, I've got a 91' trooper for snow.

NP