Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Factory Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG E55
Lightbulb Factory Supercharger

Anybody out there who installed a Factory Supercharger
on a V8 ? I have a 2002 E 55 AMG and would like to install
one on my car.

Thank you
Red

Last edited by E55///AMG; 03-03-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:26 AM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Question Factory supercharger

Are you speaking of the AMG supercharger? If so, I have had one installed in my '02 E55 by RENNtech. See the Cannonball E55 thread.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:59 AM

AMG E55
Re: Factory supercharger

Originally posted by James F. Cannon
Are you speaking of the AMG supercharger? If so, I have had one installed in my '02 E55 by RENNtech. See the Cannonball E55 thread.
Yes I am speaking of the AMG supercharger .
How you like it?
How many HP ?
Can't find Cannonball E55 thread !
How i can find it , i am new here.
Thank You
Red
Old 03-04-2003, 10:33 AM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Thumbs up

Go to AMG E55 forum or go to search. I love it, 440 RWHP and haven't seen any other Benz on this forum as quick.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
If you are willing to take/ship your car to RennTech in Florida for the AMG. Go to www.renntechmercedes.com , they list two conversions:

Low Boost 450HP $17,900
High Boost 530HP $37,800

I believe as time goes on we will see more and more AMG supercharger installs at various locations around the country.

Word of Caution - Promotors of other supercharger systems on this board are actually ganging up to discourage the AMG install. Of course we know why - they want to sell theirs. Good Luck!

Last edited by E55 KEV; 03-05-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by E55 KEV
Word of Caution - Promotors of other supercharger systems on this board are actually ganging up to discourage the AMG install. Of course we know why - they want to sell theirs. Good Luck!
NO - actually there are people who will try to save innocent memebrs from getting ripped off - there is a HUGE difference!

MKB, and of course RENNTech, offer such a conversion. We can provide and install the MKB one as we are the importer. This is the exact kit that you are talking about Kevin.

However, we feel the Kleemann is the superior choice as it is the CARB legal and seems to work better in our testing with the poor gas we have in the US, especially in CA.

Kevin, I would love for you to actually get your facts straight for once. Have you seen the post on RBTech? Is is impossible for you to think that maybe there is a justified reason to question that install?

Thanks

brad
Old 03-05-2003, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Learn the difference between a fact & an opinion!

Originally posted by otoupalik

Kevin, I would love for you to actually get your facts straight for once.
brad
WHAT FACTS? The RennTech information I posted was fact and everything else I wrote was my opinion and I will continue to post my opinion whether you like it or not.

I have posted to this board more than 1800 times and you make a blanket statement about a handful of post that 'YOU' disagree with and now I need to get my "facts straight for once". Calm Down!
Old 03-05-2003, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Founder

Well, the facts that I am referring to ARE THE ONES I QUOTED! You state something that is your opinion as a fact. That is a foolish thing to do IMHO. You constantly make assumptions as to the motivation of certain individuals and it is simply amazing to me that more people don't call you out on it!

Oh, BTW, I forgot the rule that the number of posts equates to honesty, knowledge, ability, etc. If that is the case, then we all should bow down to Jam55 right now and just close the board!

Kevin, you are right, I am responding to a handful of posts, do you want me to go over all 1800 of yours and respond to each one? Sorry, don't have the time, I am too busy trying to actually help people! Further, in each of the posts that I have commented on, you clearly post aggressively in a manner to attempt to elicit a response and or push YOUR agenda. That is all fine and dandy, but don't expect it to go unchecked! Lastly, as one of the owners of this board, I have seen tens of thousands of posts, I think I am qualified to comment!

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-05-2003, 10:21 PM

AMG E55
Supercharger

Hallo E55 KEV ,
Thank you for your info .
I have to make a couple of point here to!!
1 )
I surfing MBWORLD for a couple of weeks to ,
( before I registert )
and I can see Clear who owns MBWORLD so
obviously the try to sell there product here.
If you go to a Mercedes Dealer to buy a Car
and you talk about a BMW they will tell you
exactly why not to buy one.
2 )
Regarding the S/C I saw the post from Ivanov
timsters Kleemann cal.legal?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=32342
I went to the carb Website and the only to
carb approved Systems are Kleeman UP TO 2001
and High Preformance Systems HPS and actually
a nother company can't rember the name.
I didn't see MKB or others . My 2002 E 55 would
only be California legal whith a HPS System , and I think
I will call them to arange a Test Drive and to see how there
System works an how it is installed.
or how Lucas is sawing who is next in line for a HPS
( must be also Owner of MBWORLD )
by the way I could have bet my E55 the would
take Ivanovs Post of , but there must be a problem
whith the legal status of the Executive Order D-528
other wise the would be all over Ivanov how
you can see in the past.
I have a Friend who works for the State of California
Smog Program I have to ask him how the hole System
( Executive Order ) works.
3. )
And last , same times to much Negative can turn in to
Positive .
Thanks
Red
Old 03-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

EO D-528 is currently being updated. I can assure you that if you choose to spend the money on a KLEEMANN system, you will be legal in California. We have many KLEEMANN V8 kompressor systems running around California, and all of those customers have not reported any problems passing smog tests. At any rate, the 2001 and 2002 E55 are EXACTLY the same. If you feel that the $37,000 RennTech charges for 530 HP is worth it, go for it. BTW: The KLEEMANN kompressor costs $18,795 installed, and you will see the same gains, as RennTech, if not better. Give me a call if you have any questions about our system 719.473.6441.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MAJORITY RULES!

You constantly make assumptions as to the motivation of certain individuals and it is simply amazing to me that more people don't call you out on it!
First of all I don't "constantly" post that way. As mentioned earlier it is just a hand-full, repeat hand-full of post that 'you' and maybe other 'for profit' members may not agree with. We all really know your motives and most don't commit on the profit mongers when they spew because you revenue guys seem to gang up & lick each other.

Perhaps other members (the majority) are not going to "call me out on it" because their motives are not driven by sales and profit and a fresh perspective is interesting at best.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NOW - BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND!

MKB, and of course RENNTech, offer such a conversion. We can provide and install the MKB one as we are the importer. This is the exact kit that you are talking about Kevin.

Thanks

brad
See, I learn something everyday. I was not aware of the MKB supercharger you carried. That is great.

Brad, I could not locate any information on evosport about the MKB supercharger. Is it very new in country? Do they use a modified AMG kompressor? Any pics, prices and specs to come. Thanks.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 03-06-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

Re: NOW - BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND!

Originally posted by E55 KEV
See, I learn something everyday. I was not aware of the MKB supercharger you carried. That is great.

Brad, I could not locate any information on evosport about the MKB supercharger. Is it very new in country? Do they use a modified AMG kompressor? Any pics, prices and specs to come. Thanks.
Kevin,

Why do you care. You have posted over and over that you will never buy an aftermarket unit. Further, you have posted that we are profit mongering and revenue guys. Why would you want anything we sell?

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-06-2003, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Founder

Re: Supercharger

Originally posted by E55///AMG

3. )
And last , same times to much Negative can turn in to
Positive .
Thanks
Red
You know what else is negative, when people mislead. If you are from SD, why do you have a ***@home IP from Orange County?

It is always intersting how new members pop up only in these types of threads.??????

Please help us understand!

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-06-2003, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: NOW - BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND!

Kevin,

Why do you care. You have posted over and over that you will never buy an aftermarket unit. Further, you have posted that we are profit mongering and revenue guys. Why would you want anything we sell?

Thanks

Brad
Brad, if you stop seeing red, you will see I was offering an 'olive branch' to stop the arguement and get back to the topic at hand.

P.S. Thanks for the nasty Private Message - If I sent you a message like that I would be banned. Maybe I should post it?

Last edited by E55 KEV; 03-06-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Founder

You never fail to amaze me - a private message is to be that. If you want me to post it to the board, I surely will. Oh and, there is no banning for PM as long as they are not breaking the terms of use, so thanks for playing once again.

Since you wanted to make it public, I will post the message. I sent you the PM to try to keep some of the embarrassment from you!

your rantings ....

You are such a fool!

As you don't know me or my company - you are NOT a customer - then you have NO right or evidence to support your claims. I can post about 5000 customers who would disagree with your pathetic attempts to try to label us.

Further, you also have no info on Kleemann as you are not a customer.

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU CLAIM "PROFIT MONGERING" WHEN YOU HAVE NO FREAKIN CLUE IN THE WORLD IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT????????

That goes way past opinion, and IMHO shows clearly that you have an agenda AGAINST people whom you do not even know. That is such a joke to me. How in the world can you justify that to yourself at the end of the day?? "Oh yea, I called these guys I do not know profit mongers and hopefully hurt their reputation, it was a great day!" Is that how it goes?

If you had any clue in the world what you were talking about then I would be even more pissed off. Or if you were a disgruntled customer of any of the companies you try to attack and had a right to do so. However, you are just a blow hard trying to be the big man on a web forum for some perverted personal gain. GET REAL!

If you knew me, you would know my motives. Since you have so many posts you likely know the real deal, but reality doesn't give you the same ammo to post your ridiculous crap.

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-06-2003, 02:35 PM

Old 03-06-2003, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I sent you the PM to try to keep some of the embarrassment from you!
Why would I be embarrassed? Get real! You are showing your immaturity by calling names and trying to embarrass someone on a message board which is quite juvenile - Sorry Brad, gotta run, it's time for 3rd period Freshman Math Class.

You also use the word "ranting" - my replies are short and you go on and on - who's ranting. Thanks for burning my "olive branch".

P.S. Brad, don't forget to post my reply!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Adam

Re: Re: Supercharger

[QUOTE]Originally posted by otoupalik

Brad is right, nothing is gained for any tuner when a new member / post comes to their defense. I understand you have your own feelings of certain topics. But let’s focus on what the intention of this forum is – Mercedes Benz.

E55///AMG I’m not sure if SD is San Diego or South Dakota but anyways. If you’re interested in our products your welcome to stop by our headquarters for a tour and test drive of either s/c e430. Or I can mail you product information if you like?

If you have any further questions, you can contact me direct.

Best Regards,

Adam R. Follman
High Performance Systems LLC
Phone 714 - 557 - 5310
Fax 714 - 557 - 3138
www.myhps.com

Last edited by Adam; 03-06-2003 at 03:26 PM.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

REPLY FROM "A FOOL!"

This is the response to the very unprofessional, unwarranted, belligerant & provoking Private Message sent to me from Brad of Evosport because he did not agree with some 'general' statements I made. This is my reply after Brad called me "a fool" and I previously offered a truce:

"Brad, I am sorry you feel that way. I Did not realize you were so thin skinned and could not handle general criticism. I have never said anything against EVOsport nor you personally, your products, your work nor your dedication. I just posted some general comments about business profiteers and their motives which everyone already knows and you took offense. You must be guilty. Sending me this negative Private Message indicates that you have a problem and need counseling. God Bless You.

Kevin"

Last edited by E55 KEV; 03-06-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Founder

Kevin,

Your continual attacks on the people who PAY to keep this board alive have and will continue to make you a very unfavorable person in our eyes.

You think I need counselling, LOL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't we all get along! Since we're all MB enthusiats!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:12 AM

AMG E55
Re: Re: Supercharger

You know what else is negative, when people mislead. If you are from SD, why do you have a ***@home IP from Orange County?

It is always intersting how new members pop up only in these types of threads.??????

Please help us understand!

Thanks

Brad
Brad,
I'm sorry I misled you when I registered, and put
my location S.D .Yes I live in San Diego County
but I work at night , and my work is located in
Orange County .
If you check your web Log you will see I only post
( or reply ) to my messages in the evening (Night )!!!.
but if it is at any help to you I will change My Profile.
Live :In San Diego County
Use My Computer at Work in Orange County.
Thank You
Red
P.S.
Kleemann & HPS I will get back at you to get more Info.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I for one do see some hard selling on these forums at times (not specifically directed at any member or company in particular). I will not go into details, but I do see it happening. I don't like it personally, because it does tend to take credibility away from them and their companie(s).

But, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by oggle; 03-07-2003 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
As a somewhat longtime member and avid reader, who rarely gets into arguments, my observation is that Kev may like to "lightly" push some buttons some times, but I dont think it is quite to the degree at which the "holy moderators" have made it sound. I probably would have not used the sarcastic "holy moderators" comment, if it were not for reading some of the surprising comments by the owners of this board, specifically with respect to this post. I have never ordered anything from Evosport, although I do think you guys have a great service, so hopefully this does not get me flamed or banned some how. But wow, all I can say is that your responses to Kev are quite surprising, but that probably does not matter because I have never ordered anything from Evosport, and yes that is the impression you just gave me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory Supercharger