Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

AMS headers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
AMS headers?

Hi guys,
I've done some searching here and at another benz forum but found only one or two actual members that had a wright up. Has anyone had any experience with AMS headers? I'm looking to get a set for CLK500. not looking for a miracle in HPs, a little here, a little there, doing exhaust little by little.
Got an eisenmann, now thinking shorties, then secondaries and eventually maybe resonator swap to AMG. (should have gotten AMG muffler in the first place )
Eventually thinking of finishing with ECU and TCU (benz trany is freaking slow)

Any thoughts?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Someone? Anyone?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
AMS headers

Ask your question in the w-208 & W-209 threads. Hardly anybody looks here
Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
I know there are a few SLK55s and W210 E55s that have them and the owners seem pretty happy with them.. There are also dynos. If I didn't already have some I would have considered the AMS ones....
Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by wawy
I know there are a few SLK55s and W210 E55s that have them and the owners seem pretty happy with them.. There are also dynos. If I didn't already have some I would have considered the AMS ones....
Thanks, every little bit of info helps.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Hi guys,
I've done some searching here and at another benz forum but found only one or two actual members that had a wright up. Has anyone had any experience with AMS headers? I'm looking to get a set for CLK500. not looking for a miracle in HPs, a little here, a little there, doing exhaust little by little.
Got an eisenmann, now thinking shorties, then secondaries and eventually maybe resonator swap to AMG. (should have gotten AMG muffler in the first place )
Eventually thinking of finishing with ECU and TCU (benz trany is freaking slow)

Any thoughts?
Well i had a W210 E55 check under my older post using my user name. I was very satisfied with the quality of the headers at first i was alittle optimistic of omey but i talked to him he gave me good feed back and i only had them on my car for about a week or so before i totalled my car but i can honestly say with the crank pulley and the headers the car felt amazing even before the ECU adapted to the newer parts and air/fuel mixture. I would say the car had alot more low end & top end tq and neck snapping but i felt it. As far as the quality was Pretty Darn good best of luck i give them a Thumbs Up