Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Any new performance stuff out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
Any new performance stuff out there?

I'm bored, let’s see if there's anything new out there.

When I say new I mean new, not an add-on brake kit or a painted marker lights.

Are the Headers from EVOsport ready for real world testing?
( I’m volunteering )

Rumor has it Kleemann is going to be doing some of there own/partnered with another vendor, tuning.

What can we expect?
Quicker shift points, more Horse Power, more Torque, de-limited, better fuel economy?
Any possibility that the programming will come with a handheld programmer (Superchip style) so we can switch from stock programs to modified?

How about MAF’s any improvements in the MAF’s?

How about wheels any new wheels out there?

Exhaust, anybody seen any exhaust out there that sound better and give you a few more horses?

Interior, any new custom interiors out there?

Just a thought,
Tim
Old 05-01-2003, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nothing new, but for the next level of tuning, have you thought about doing some more engine work to your car. I'm not talking about boring it out like I'm doing with mine, but perhaps some headers, cams, etc? The combination of Kleemann SC and MKB Hypertune 55 kit worked really well on my car. I had my 4.3 dynoing almost 400 rear wheel hp before I jacked it up.

I'm taking suggestions for my next tuner project. It probably won't happen for some time, but I'm already thinking about it. Definitely German or Italian (but Italian would have to be of the Modena magnitude, not Maranello).
Old 05-01-2003, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I've been talking to EVOsport about there headers and to Brandon about doing some ECU tuning. I don't want to do allot more.
I modified my vette so much I lost allot of the driveability. Finally got sick of it and sold it.

Modena would be a sweet project.

A friend of mine bought a 97 Diablo at an auction is LA. He is currantly having the Federal inspection/certification done for DOT, EPA ect... It should be done in a few months. It's been over a year, what a pain I'm glade I didn't do it.
Can't believe the money he's had to put into it, over $30K plus the $80K he paid for it. And it's still not done.

Tim
Old 05-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sleestack
I'm taking suggestions for my next tuner project. It probably won't happen for some time, but I'm already thinking about it. Definitely German or Italian (but Italian would have to be of the Modena magnitude, not Maranello).
How about the Zonda Pagani C12S? Something very unique and rare?! Although not really sure what else you can do with that Modified V12 AMG engine in there?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by JamE55
How about the Zonda Pagani C12S? Something very unique and rare?! Although not really sure what else you can do with that Modified V12 AMG engine in there?
Is that thing even legal in California?
You'd probably have to get a Super Car certificate just to bring it into the states.
Tim
Old 05-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Timster
Is that thing even legal in California?
You'd probably have to get a Super Car certificate just to bring it into the states.
Tim
Anything is possible! Just ask Brad and he'll tell you. If i'm not mistaken i believe there's 2 to of them here in cali.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Timster
I've been talking to EVOsport about there headers and to Brandon about doing some ECU tuning. I don't want to do allot more.
I modified my vette so much I lost allot of the driveability. Finally got sick of it and sold it.

Modena would be a sweet project.

A friend of mine bought a 97 Diablo at an auction is LA. He is currantly having the Federal inspection/certification done for DOT, EPA ect... It should be done in a few months. It's been over a year, what a pain I'm glade I didn't do it.
Can't believe the money he's had to put into it, over $30K plus the $80K he paid for it. And it's still not done.

Tim
If your CLK is your daily driver, I can understand why you don't want to screw around too much with something that is already so sweet. I actually thought about doing a Modena project before my CLK, however, the estimated cost for such a project (i.e. about $190K for the car and another $100k for the conversion) seemed a bit too selfish at the time. I probably won't do an Italian exotic until I'm in my 40s and feel that I have done something to deserve it. Perhaps an SL or a bimmer though. Your friend ... he got off cheap.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
Originally posted by JamE55
I'll second the vote for the Zonda. God what an incredible car...
Perhaps you could do a Koenigsegg tuning project...
Old 05-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
As far as wheels go the lightest I've found on 18" are OZ's Superleggera at 17 and 19 lbs front and rear 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 respectively.
They also make 3 piece but they are heavier, and they also make them in 19" but they are also heavier.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Almost a Member!

what do the stock wheels weigh ??
Old 05-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
close to 30 lbs each, may be 28 in the front and 30 in the rear.