Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Has anyone done the manual conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monowiper
Has anyone done the manual conversion?

i'm getting really bored of auto
and miss stick

i heard there's a conversion kit from renntech? $$$

anything else available or any experience you'd like to share about converting to manual
thanks
Old 05-29-2003, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I don't think it would be worth the money. Very expensive for very little gain. As for expense, the cost of the transmission and to R&R, including all the mating parts Drive line, U-Joints, mounting points, shifter, shifter boot, transmission cooler, New Clutch pedal, New Brake pedal, cabling, ECU upgrade. Then the testing to verify that everything still works together. Sounds like a lot of work.
Best of luck to ya,
Tim
Old 05-29-2003, 03:26 PM

C32AMG
AND THEN

you'll need to convince the EPA that it is still emissions-legal.They won't just take your word on itou'll have to prove it.(BIG$$$).
I grew up on 5 and 6-speed bearboxes.Much as I enjoy a good manual,the auto in my C32 is better than I could have imagined a slushbox ever could be.
Last of all,Mercedes doesn't have a C-class fitting manual gearbox that can handle all the torgue produced by their larger blown engines.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We discussed it when we started my 6.2 liter project. Estimations on cost were between $15K - $25K, which wasn't out of the question, however, the amount of work involved, questions about the availability of components and the extensive nature of the other work being done to my car led us to decide that it wasn't worth it.