Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Kleemann Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
Kleemann Question

If I spend $8900 on a v6 Kleemann will it void my warrenty (that I paid extra to extend) ?

If so, is it only the engine portion that is voided?

Hoow will the modification hold up for resale?

How much faster will my 2002 CLK 320 go?

Will I then need to upgrade tires and suspension right away?

Any and all opinions are welcome

Don Biz
donbiz@yahoo.com
Old 02-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLEEMANN questions, V6 kompressor

donbiz-

The MBZ warranty will stay in place- it is illegal to deny a warranty based on the presence of aftermarket parts. If you should ever have a claim with your waranty the burden of proof is to the dealer/MBZ to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem. KLEEMANN has had no powertrain claims with our kompressor systems.

The kompressor modification should help your resale- although it is difficult to say. The kompressor system itself is very robust. I have put 32K miles on my E320 with kompressor in 7 months! Racetrack, car magazine testing and abusive test drives- just add gas and change the oil.

The 3.2 V6 kompressor system will give you 330hp and 310 lbs/ft torque. This will get you to 60 in 6.0 seconds- do not just look at standing acceleration times. The transient response of the engine is outstanding, giving a smooth constant pull all the way to redline. Performance will be better than that of a stock CLK430.

The stock suspension and tires on a CLK320 are quite good. There is no immediate need to change them. However you may find that you want to fully exploit the power of the kompressor engine- upgrading the suspension, tires and brakes is the next logical step.