Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

A few pics from KLEEMANN flywheel installation-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few pics from KLEEMANN flywheel installation-

Here is a side by side of the two units. The stock is on the left, the new on the right.

The new unit is a 6061 T6 Aluminum flywheel with a hardened steel friction face. A Unorthodox Racing clutch was utilized that is made from a proprietary sintered metel compound, the clutch is a step down from their "full race" unit. The new pressure plate is from a S4, is the same dimensions as the stock unit, and new springs with an increased spring rate was implemented. Depressing the clutch takes the same effort as my father's '69 Chevelle SS 396!

This is truly an awesome unit with just enough streetability to not be annoying, and enough guts to be beaten. So far, I love it.

Just as Brandon stated, there is a slight vibration from the gearbox in third and fifth gears at certain RPMs. There is also a slight chattering noise at idle with the box in neutral and the clutch disengaged. Not big deal, the performance feel alone justifies the vibration and noise... I am going to Dyno the vehicle today and post the results in the evening.

The flywheel side-by-side.

The new KLEEMANN flywheel attached to the crank.

The complete KLEEMANN unit installed.

The complete OEM flywheel.

The tranny out of my ca.r...