Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

post KLEEMANN flywheel mod. Dyno's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post KLEEMANN flywheel mod. Dyno's

Ok, I dyno'd today... Here they are, I am happy... The is the stock MAX compared to the w/flywheel MAX

The w/KLEEMANN flywheel modification stand alone.

The numbers from the max dyno run...

The same correction factor was used for the baseline and todays dyno's. I didn't bother with A/F today as I didn't change anything that would affect it.

So, to place a conclusion to this stuff...

Not only did I gain so much in feel, shift, and launches, I gained 9.8 ft/lbs of torque, and 5.7 HP at the wheels with the KLEEMANN flywheel/clutch/pressure plate mod. Not bad for just removing some wieght.

This is just about awesome in my opinion. It is a very worth while modification in my opinion.

Thomas
Old 08-14-2003, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k
More importantly, the gain is over the whole range! The whole powerband is lifted up by 5hp. Great mod!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I autocrossed with the KLEEMANN mod for the first time today.

SCCA SNJ region, class SM, Street Modified.

I placed 8th out of 13 car. I was the only one on street tires (the RA-1s haven't arrived yet), and my S-03s are for hell. Bald! I mean really really really illegally blad.

If I had new tires I would have done much better. I was on par with times today with people who were usually 1.5 to 2 seconds faster then me. I was able to exit corners and get up to speed so much faster. Even on a tight SCCA course I was able to hit third gear. That is not normal.

The flywheel made such a big difference. With the stock unit I was always slow coming out of the turns trying to get back up to speed. I launched like a freak, now if my tires would just stick. The old clutch used to slip so bad once it heated up. I'll take some pictures to show the burn marks on the friction plates of the stock unit. I freaking love this thing, now I just need brakes to match. KLEEMANN did an awesome job with this thing.

Last edited by nukblazi; 08-17-2003 at 12:50 AM.