Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Car lifted from center of front end....what happened??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Exclamation Car lifted from center of front end....what happened??

They were replacing a set of tires, and when I came back to pick up my car, I noticed they had my front end lifted with a hydraulic lift, but the lift was making contact directly in the center of my front end, as opposed to the contact being on the sides of the car where the jack points are. Now when I am driving over 60mph (so mostly on the highway/freeways), I feel a vibration through the steering wheel. It feels as if the wheels were not balanced, but not as profound as that. It's minimal, but is bugging the hell out of me. Should I call tucker tires and complain? I don't know what the problem is, or where the jack was making contact at, but I know when I came back I saw them lowering my car with a hydraulic car tha was centered in front of my car and lifting the whole front end from being mounted in the center. What components do you think they may have put the jack under that could cause this problem with the vibration.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts
E55
this vehicle has a center jack post where you are describing. look under there and you will see a black rectangular pad about 2x3 inches. hopefully thats where they lifted from.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
67 Camino
take the car back and have them rebalanced check for runout

Sometimes their version of "Ok" runout will give you fits like this
Watch them while they spin it if you can stand right in front of the tread where you can look at it dead on, ck sidewall also. I was shocked at how bad a few i recently bought were
Dont leave til its right.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
there are different style lifts. The center ones are ok to use. I would def bring it back to be checked though