Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

2005 C230 Kompressor Supercharger Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sedan, 2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sedan
2005 C230 Kompressor Supercharger Help

I have a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. It's in the body shop now (long story) and when I am done with the body work I plan on doing a little more work to it. It seems to be lacking power and has a weird grinding noise that sounds like it is coming from the supercharger area, however I could be mistaken. It's also funny idling, from which I am told by my former professor who was also a Mercedes-Benz tech suggested that it is probably from a vacuum line or something that runs alongside the supercharger, does that sound about right? So now to the main question, what could cause the car to feel like it has a lack of power? I have a 2004 model as well, carbon copy to mine just with 195K miles to my 99K miles on the 2005. But the 2004 model feels like it has a lot more get up and go than mine does. What would the culprit be? I planned on yanking the supercharger and head off the car and giving it a valve job and general head service (I am the managing partner of a racing machine shop). What do you guys think the problem is? What would you recommend I do?
The following users liked this post:
Ottavio (10-06-2016)
Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by stratos934
I have a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. It's in the body shop now (long story) and when I am done with the body work I plan on doing a little more work to it. It seems to be lacking power and has a weird grinding noise that sounds like it is coming from the supercharger area, however I could be mistaken. It's also funny idling, from which I am told by my former professor who was also a Mercedes-Benz tech suggested that it is probably from a vacuum line or something that runs alongside the supercharger, does that sound about right? So now to the main question, what could cause the car to feel like it has a lack of power? I have a 2004 model as well, carbon copy to mine just with 195K miles to my 99K miles on the 2005. But the 2004 model feels like it has a lot more get up and go than mine does. What would the culprit be? I planned on yanking the supercharger and head off the car and giving it a valve job and general head service (I am the managing partner of a racing machine shop). What do you guys think the problem is? What would you recommend I do?
How about changing the supercharger oil? Also the usual suspects with lack of performance like dirty spark plugs, air filter, fuel system, mass air flow sensor, and throttle body. You can clean or replace these items and will be night and day difference if have not done in a long time. At fluid flush always adds more feeling of power too!!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
One more thing. Be sure the alternator is working properly. I had similar problem with my 2004 C230 Kompressor. The battery was slowly going dead because the alternator was faulty. This caused the engine computer to improperly read some of the sensor signals. This produced a lot of troublesome noises, lack of power, and so on. Since this is so easy to check, do it first. You may be surprised the difference it makes. For my car, it was night and day. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Ottavio (10-06-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 Kompressor (w203)
Originally Posted by stratos934

hi stratos,

did you solve the kompressor noise and lack of power issue? If yes, did the alternador was the cause? I have a similar situation with my c180 kompressor (w203) and not able to find the solution.
thanks
Old 11-16-2016, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200 w203
I had that issue too previously. Max I can go are not more than 120km/h. After sending to workshop and found out actually is one of the host had leakage. And after changing the host, now easily 170-180 km/h is not an issue.

P/s: sorry for my broken English.