Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Seafoam transtune miracle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Seafoam transtune miracle

Been experiencing hard shifts from 2nd to 1st, and especially in the cold. Feared the worst, and I had planned to replace the 13 pin conductor and maybe even the (complicated) conductor plate.

But then I remembered reading some very positive reviews about seafoam transtune. So I went to advance auto and purchased $10 bottle. Siphoned out a bit of aft to avoid overfilling and poured entire bottle into dipstick.

Day 1. Immediately I noticed smoother shifting but didn't know if it was just in my head. Later in the evening I drove the car again and still no hard shifting.

Day 2. The real test would be whether the hard shift would occur in the morning as it has done all winter. To my pleasant surprise, there was no hard shift at all. So far so good and guardedly calling this product a small "miracle". Will follow up on subsequent days with a longer term review. Fingers crossed! Planning to drive the car a few hundred miles and then drop the pan for a full fluid and filter change as well..
The following users liked this post:
boss53177 (09-05-2021)
Old 02-18-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C230
Just add into ATF? No need to drain it afterwards? Won't harm the transmission?

Thanks and please update after a few hundred miles.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 195 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Originally Posted by LexBrett2
Been experiencing hard shifts from 2nd to 1st, and especially in the cold. Feared the worst, and I had planned to replace the 13 pin conductor and maybe even the (complicated) conductor plate.

But then I remembered reading some very positive reviews about seafoam transtune. So I went to advance auto and purchased $10 bottle. Siphoned out a bit of aft to avoid overfilling and poured entire bottle into dipstick.

Day 1. Immediately I noticed smoother shifting but didn't know if it was just in my head. Later in the evening I drove the car again and still no hard shifting.

Day 2. The real test would be whether the hard shift would occur in the morning as it has done all winter. To my pleasant surprise, there was no hard shift at all. So far so good and guardedly calling this product a small "miracle". Will follow up on subsequent days with a longer term review. Fingers crossed! Planning to drive the car a few hundred miles and then drop the pan for a full fluid and filter change as well..
Any updates?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Any updates?
it's been almost a year and the transmission shifts perfect after the seafoam transtune treatment; clearly I had something sticking causing a hard shift. Before listening to some clown mechanic, try "my" method :-) feel free to message if have questions
Old 12-12-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C230
I had a radiator internal leak so causing transmission fluid and coolant to mix.
After replacing the radiator and flushing the transmission and replacing filter several times, it sometimes jerky when slow down to 20 mph and speed up again. Only once in a while not all the time.
I put in a bottle of Seafoam and it's normal now.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by Taiwanese
I had a radiator internal leak so causing transmission fluid and coolant to mix.
After replacing the radiator and flushing the transmission and replacing filter several times, it sometimes jerky when slow down to 20 mph and speed up again. Only once in a while not all the time.
I put in a bottle of Seafoam and it's normal now.
Congrats! Seafoam worked in your transmission as well! It seems like these transmissions are prone to sticky valves, and the cleaning agents in transtune loosen up the junk!