Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Nitrous supercharged install for w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Nitrous supercharged install for w203

Hi All;

Considering installing a small 35 lb. nitrous shot on my 2005 1.8l w203 Sport Sedan.
Searched for hours, but unable to find a good DIY.

Could someone please point me to a good thread? Mostly looking for advice on where to install nitrous nozzle and how to tap into fuel lines. It's my understanding the nitrous/fuel nozzle goes before the supercharger about 6" away from the throttle plate?

Also, with the "wet" application it is my understanding pre-inginition won't occur? Is that correct? Do I need to use copper plugs?

Any other risks or suggestions you may have are appreciated!!

Questions/criticisms/suggestions welcomed!!
Old 08-11-2016, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by LexBrett2
Hi All;

Considering installing a small 35 lb. nitrous shot on my 2005 1.8l w203 Sport Sedan.
Searched for hours, but unable to find a good DIY.

Could someone please point me to a good thread? Mostly looking for advice on where to install nitrous nozzle and how to tap into fuel lines. It's my understanding the nitrous/fuel nozzle goes before the supercharger about 6" away from the throttle plate?

Also, with the "wet" application it is my understanding pre-inginition won't occur? Is that correct? Do I need to use copper plugs?

Any other risks or suggestions you may have are appreciated!!

Questions/criticisms/suggestions welcomed!!
Just called nitrousexpress.com and they agreed that just before supercharger and throttle plate is correct for the install. Also said that wet application is better since no need to tune engine and I shouldn't have anything to worry about with 35 hp shot..

Found a proton plus wet kit with 10 lb bottle for only $323, and a 5 star rating.

Think I'm convincing myself lol
Old 08-11-2016, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
How much power do you think you will gain with this?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by insame1
How much power do you think you will gain with this?
Planning to do the smallest 35 lb shot, so that's 35 hp. A lot for a w203!
Old 08-11-2016, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Nitrous install for w203

Hi All,
Just bought my nos kit for $300 on Amazon. Included 5lb bottle and lots of accessories. Here it is:

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/nex-20421-05?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-nitrous-express-nx&gclid=CM62nJKNus4CFcpahgod3koJEA

I will be doing a complete write up of the DIY install, so stay tuned. As far as I know this is the first install of nitrous on w203. I take the install very seriously and hope to get feedback from this forum. Look for daily updates on my research and the install. Please do chime in if interested, so at least I know someone is out there!
Old 08-12-2016, 12:51 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
Before the supercharger.. Is NOS under pressure? I'm leery that the ECU would just bypass all the charge secondary air recirc. flap in that case. (not really sure how NOS works)

Or do you modify the ECU
fuel maps when installing these things?
Old 08-12-2016, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF
Before the supercharger.. Is NOS under pressure? I'm leery that the ECU would just bypass all the charge secondary air recirc. flap in that case. (not really sure how NOS works)

Or do you modify the ECU
I contacted both nitrousexpress.com and eurocharged.com about the Ecu tune, and both indicated that a retune would not be necessary with a wet application of a 35 lb shot. Both companies indicated that the wet application delivers the exact amount of fuel necessary. In contrast the dry application is subject to fuel adjustments of the Ecu
Old 08-12-2016, 01:55 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah, ok.
Did a little reading on the wet systems.
Looks like you are planning to inject before the throttle so that will route the NOS+fuel mix through the supercharger, then intercooler, and then to engine?
Old 08-12-2016, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF
Ah, ok.
Did a little reading on the wet systems.
Looks like you are planning to inject before the throttle so that will route the NOS+fuel mix through the supercharger, then intercooler, and then to engine?
That is correct. I'm also going to email nitrous express with a diagram of where I plan to put the nitrous/fuel. Probably early next week! Will post my finding. Please feel free to make suggestions and let me know findings of your research!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF

Or do you modify the ECU
I emailed Phillip at Eurocharged about whether or not to retune, and he responded:

"What I recommend is doing a small 35 wet shot. Using this smaller shot will allow you to run the nitrous whenever you would like without retuning. For some of our other models, we run 50 wet shot safely without tuning and anything higher than that we have to tune for."
Old 08-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
clk and e coupe
i have a different car, but i have a 75 shot and tuned for it.
As long as the jetting is correct and fuel pressure stays you should be fine with a 35hp shot.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by CDM Motorsports
i have a different car, but i have a 75 shot and tuned for it.
As long as the jetting is correct and fuel pressure stays you should be fine with a 35hp shot.
Thank you for your comment! I'm planning to post some pics of where I plan to put the nozzle; about six inches before throttle body before supercharger
Old 08-13-2016, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
What are you using to activate it? A button or a throttle switch?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
What are you using to activate it? A button or a throttle switch?
Was planning to do Wide Open Throttle (WOT) switch
Old 08-15-2016, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Nozzle placement diagram

Here are a couple pics of where I plan to put the nozzle:

Plastic hose just before throttle body (which leads to supercharger)

There is a hose that is not shown on diagram which is connected to throttle body. That's where I plan to drill for the nozzle
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
That is the correct spot.
I prefer a button instead of a WOT switch.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
That is the correct spot.
I prefer a button instead of a WOT switch.
Thanks!! What plug do you recommend? Do you use a copper plug with a colder heat range? Having a lot of trouble determining a cold plug that fits my car
Old 08-15-2016, 11:42 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is pretty much just before the main throttle body in the photo, above the S/C pulley?
I believe that plastic hose is supplying the charged, intercooled air after the supercharger.

But in the blueprint you are showing an air recirc "throttle body" behind the supercharger.

http://benzbits.com/M271/Supercharger.pdf
Old 08-16-2016, 12:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by LexBrett2
Thanks!! What plug do you recommend? Do you use a copper plug with a colder heat range? Having a lot of trouble determining a cold plug that fits my car
im not sure what plug fits your car and what would be a colder option, best advice would be to call a sparkplug manufacturer to ask them.

Are you running more boost than stock? If not i stock plug should be fine with a 35hp shot
Old 08-16-2016, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF
This is pretty much just before the main throttle body in the photo, above the S/C pulley?
I believe that plastic hose is supplying the charged, intercooled air after the supercharger.

But in the blueprint you are showing an air recirc "throttle body" behind the supercharger.

But the throttle body is just before the supercharger, no? And the plastic black tube I reference in the pic leads into TB? So nitrous would therefore go into S. Charger? Or am I mistaken?

In every instruction manual it has been suggested to put nozzle before TB. Plus my conversation with techs at nitrous express have concluded the same. I'm emailing nitrous express as well so I get it in writing just to be sure. Have also read that nitrous supply may be before or after SC, as long as after MAF
Old 08-16-2016, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF

Number 8 in the diagram you supplied indicates that is the compressor, which leads to the tube I referenced, then the throttle body, then the SC?
Old 08-16-2016, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Hey Buddy,
Noticed you are a seller on eBay. Have anything you would recommend for my car? :-)
Old 08-16-2016, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by VVF

The part number indicates this is the" KOMPRESSOR EATON SUPER CHARGER HOUSING COVER OEM"
Old 08-16-2016, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Additional Research from Nitrous Express

Hi All,
Emailed Nitrousexpress.com the follow message. Their response is below, which sheds some light of several key issues:

My email:

"Dear Friends,

I ‘m emailing with several questions about a Proton Plus nitrous install for my car. If you would please help me out with some technical questions, I would very much appreciate it! Planning to run a small 35 lb. wet shot in order to avoid risks to engine.

Questions:

1. In a supercharged application, it is my understanding that I can install the nitrous nozzle just before the throttle body which leads into the supercharger. Is this correct? Attached are pics of where I plan to put the drill the nozzle hole- it is a plastic tube that is just before the throttle body.

2. It is also my understanding that it is unnecessary to retune engine with a small 35 lb. wet shot? Is that correct?

3. Are copper plugs advisable for my nitrous install? Should I get a plug with a lower hear range? If so, can you suggest a specific plug for my car?

4. Although I feel that I am a competent DIYer (i.e., own my own lift, do almost all work myself), I have never worked on the fuel system of my car. I was planning to supply fuel through Schrader valve on my fuel rail. It is my understanding that I first need to relieve the fuel pressure? Is that completely necessary? Is that a fairly standard procedure?

5. Is there anything else you might suggest for the install?

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!"

Email response:
"1. Correct
2. It would be best to retune the car especially if it has an aggressive tune already on it.
3. I’d give NGK a call about the spark plug 877-473-6767
4. With the car off it is normal to relieve the fuel pressure.
5. Other than the system itself I’d look into getting a controller of some sort < #18959 > and get a Nitrous gauge < #15508 >"

Looks like my nitrous placement is correct, will need a retune, and will check with NGK about plugs!
Old 08-17-2016, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
To retune or not retune

Had an interesting email exchange with Jerry at Eurocharged today. Asked if I should get a retune with my 35 lb nitrous shot. He said not to retune, since the car's baseline performance (i.e., not using nitrous) will be reduced. Hence the 35 lb shot gives you the best of both worlds- an aggressive tube for daily driving and the ability to use NOS when needed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrous supercharged install for w203