Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Advice on tunning/upgrading new s class

Old 02-13-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 AMG 2015 S550
Advice on tunning/upgrading new s class

So I just bought a 15 S550 non 4matic I wanted to add some HP, torque and decrease so weight I couldn't afford the s63 but whatever, Upgrades I have in mind, I'm more interested in the exhaust system because I don't know very much and this is what I found so far, so tell me what you guys think

Flowmaster x pipe 2.5" or 3" ? I heard it decreases back pressure
resonator/ secondary cats delete
(2) super 10 muffler
Ecu tune( not a chip)
22" forged wheels with low profile tires
remove spare tire and tools
Light weight battery
wald body kit
any full exhaust system? I heard they are overpriced and it does nothing for perfomance maybe 5 HP increase?
Not sure if I should add a cold air intake, I heard it does nothing to high tech cars.

Is there anything I should do different, add or remove, please let me know.

​​​​
Old 02-16-2017, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
forced induction upgrade,or wet shot nitrous,a 150hp shot
Old 10-17-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
Corvette C8 997S, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve BMW 750 S560 Coupe
I have been taking cars apart and rebuilding them for about 45 years, and I can tell you the first thing I ask when someone wants my advise about what to do to their car, is what do you want the car to be. Putting 22" wheels on any car is not performance gain, in most case the extra weight a rolling mass does just the opposite. More than likely you will destroy those wheels at the first pothole. Light weight battery, don't waist your time this is not an Alfa 4C this a car that weighs close to 5000lbs. The exhausts do not do much for performance (but save a lot more weight than a battery would), they are for sound. The best way to add power to a turbo car is a tune, everything else you mentioned is mostly for looks, which is all a matter of what you think looks good. There is no spare and not having tools in a car is foolish in my opinion. If it were me I'd so lightweight 19" wheels (non run flat tires), a ECU tune and maybe a throttle controller. I have sports cars my S Class is my calm car (though I do have a sprint booster), because I just hate drive by wire hesitation (thank Audi for that one). Other than that and I pulled of the 20" AMG b(and runflats) boulders of the corners and put on light weight wheels and All Season tires (the s is one of my winter cars), and it performs very well. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

s320
not really worth it,Buy a light sports model.tuning,turbo's,nitrous ect.. just wears engine out sooner,and waste fuel,making the day of forced electric cars sooner.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Cats

You really think removing any of the cats is an appropriate thing to do? Aren’t they there to help keep our air clean for us, our kids, grandkids and those around us?
Old 10-22-2017, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

s320
best way would be electric cut outs for the track.Cats really slow down your motor.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c400
Do youlive in Cali by any chance???

If you do there are some really good MB performance shops ... first get a custom tune for the 550. Then do exhaust i wiuld stay away from some of the american hot rod companys, you dont want to sound like a silverado lol Check out armytrix they have a really nice system .There are a few more but there system looks like it belongs on a Lamborghini...hope that helps.

Last edited by killascrimp; 11-01-2017 at 04:15 AM.