Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

C250 essential tuning/mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Sport, 2014 ML350 4Matic
C250 essential tuning/mods?

Hey guys, just discovered this side of MBWorld... can someone point me in the right direction for modding my C250 on the performance side? I'm thinking ECM and exhaust options would be a good start? TIA
Old 07-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C250AMG Line
BMS tuning box

Hi there,
I have a 2015 C250 AMG line 2 Litre petrol and last year embarked on a journey to get more out of my car. Having had many petrol turbo cars in the past, I knew there are many relatively inexpensive ways to improve performance.

Raising the boost pressure and reducing exhaust pressure are the two obvious ones. The one thing that modern cars have these days are very sophisticated electronics to combat any "fiddling" and the induction and exhaust systems are far superior to those of yester years.

Anyhow, I settled on raising the boost pressure as the first step and after some extensive online research purchased a Burger Motorsport tuning box.

To cut a long story short, the biggest problem with the 2 L petrol engine is the location of the MAP sensor which requires you to remove the intercooler and lot of associated wiring. A real headache and unless you are very skilled, I would leave the whole process to a professional.

Anyhow, I ran the car on a dyno before and after and the only thing I managed was to generate a whole series of engine fault codes in the ECU with no change power. After several dyno runs the power was actually less than stock, 134KW at the wheels.

While the car was on the dyno we removed the airbox to see if there was anything to be gained by improving air flow. Once again, no difference at all even without the air cleaner element.

We then took it even further, unbolting the exhaust from behind the CAT. Yet again, no real difference.

Anyhow, after a lot of time and money I realised the 4 cylinder turbo petrol Benz is engineered in such a way that old school performance mods dont really work.

To get serious power gains you need to spend big money on a bigger turbo and a complete ECU re-tune to run in. Furthermore, the transmission software is also very prohibitive and I suspect any drastic power increases would not be compatible with the automatic trasnmission software.

Save your money.

The C63 AMG is the obvious option if you really want some grunt, though it comes at a considerably greater cost.

Last edited by amgc250; 07-05-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11-17-2017, 04:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C260
Originally Posted by mawingo
Hey guys, just discovered this side of MBWorld... can someone point me in the right direction for modding my C250 on the performance side? I'm thinking ECM and exhaust options would be a good start? TIA
hi can check this website all is there for c250

http://www.ttsauto.eu/index.php?rout...ews&news_id=21
narry