Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Horrible experience with Weistec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GTC Edition 50
Horrible experience with Weistec

I had an ECU tune done and the tune seems to deliver everything they said it would. I have since ordered turbos and down pipes. Before I ordered the parts I called and Spoke with Moe, he assured me that all of the parts were in stock and ready to ship, so I paid him and I gave him a deposit for $8000 that would be held until I returned the cores from my Turbos. That was 10 days ago and the parts have still not been shipped. It turns out that he out right lied to me to get me to pay for the parts knowing he did not have them and that they would have to be built first. I spoke to him three days ago and he assured me that the parts were all finished packed and being shipped that day, I inquired today and they still have not been shipped. He has once again Assured me that they Are shipping the parts for overnight priority delivery today. I don't care how great the parts are if I ever get them I will never do business with this company again. If the parts do not arrive by overnight delivery I will be cancelling my order. fast forward 10 days: Moe promised that he would ship the parts for delivery on Tuesday, with Monday being memorial day they would have had to be shipped for next business day delivery. he shipped them regular freight and they did not arrive until that Friday. We refused delivery of the parts and they received them back at Wiestec 4 days ago and now they refuse to refund the $8,000.00 deposit I gave them to hold until the got the turbos from my car back. This is the worst customer service experience I have yet to experience, I implore you to stay away from this place. I have never dealt with someone who outright lies to you while being incredibly friendly over and over again.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by mapman20
I had an ECU tune done and the tune seems to deliver everything they said it would. I have since ordered turbos and down pipes. Before I ordered the parts I called and Spoke with Moe, he assured me that all of the parts were in stock and ready to ship, so I paid him and I gave him a deposit for $8000 that would be held until I returned the cores from my Turbos. That was 10 days ago and the parts have still not been shipped. It turns out that he out right lied to me to get me to pay for the parts knowing he did not have them and that they would have to be built first. I spoke to him three days ago and he assured me that the parts were all finished packed and being shipped that day, I inquired today and they still have not been shipped. He has once again Assured me that they Are shipping the parts for overnight priority delivery today. I don't care how great the parts are if I ever get them I will never do business with this company again. If the parts do not arrive by overnight delivery I will be cancelling my order. fast forward 10 days: Moe promised that he would ship the parts for delivery on Tuesday, with Monday being memorial day they would have had to be shipped for next business day delivery. he shipped them regular freight and they did not arrive until that Friday. We refused delivery of the parts and they received them back at Wiestec 4 days ago and now they refuse to refund the $8,000.00 deposit I gave them to hold until the got the turbos from my car back. This is the worst customer service experience I have yet to experience, I implore you to stay away from this place. I have never dealt with someone who outright lies to you while being incredibly friendly over and over again.
Facts Regarding Jeff’s statement

To be clear Jeff S (mapman20) is the owner of the car that the parts were ordered for. The customer that ordered the parts from Weistec was a speedshop that we have sold to several times in the past. All communication regarding this order was between Weistec and the speedshop.

The order was placed late in the day on 5/22. The order, which was more than just turbos, was assembled, tested and shipped UPS Ground on Friday the 25th. Ground shipping is what the speedshop paid for. Please reference UPS tracking 1Z1Y703A1262415981. Monday the 28th was a national holiday. On Tuesday the 29th we received a call from the speedshop very upset, they wanted the order to arrive on Tuesday instead of Wednesday and stated that they were going to refuse the shipment and wanted a full refund for the order immediately.

We explained to them that they can absolutely return the order, but there are very clear policies regarding returns of non-defective parts and we cannot refund the order until we received the parts back and inspect them. The parts were returned to us partially on 6/4 and the last box arrived on 6/5. The parts were inspected and found to be complete, the same day on 6/5 the speedshop was refunded.

In regards to the $8,000 core deposit for the turbochargers. The speedshop did not want to pay this optional core deposit. Most customers ordering this type of product, ship us there parts and we return them within a couple of days. For customers that do not want to wait we give them an option of paying a refundable core charge. Once the cores are returned and inspected the charge is refunded. Unfortunately Jeff had decided to dispute the charges with his credit card company claiming “He did not recognize the charges” prior to us receiving the parts back. We are now unable to refund him until the credit card company completes their investigation, this can take up to 30 days. Jeff called us after he disputing the charges. We explained to Jeff the situation he put himself in, and how our hands are now tied until the charge dispute is resolved by his bank. He became Irate and hung up on us.

We are sorry for your bad experience with this order, but we feel that we did treat you fairly and have a return policy that is very similar almost every other business.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:15 AM

AMG GTC Edition 50
Just to be clear, the issue I have is that the people who work here are habitual liars. The initial tune they put on my ECU is fantastic and I couldn't be happier (even though they screwed up the delivery and didn't return it overnight as they agreed ). I am sure the turbos and down-pipes would have been great as well. I just cant trust them to modify my 100k plus car and be there to support me if something happens.

They have no concept of customer service, you can see that in his response. His tactic is not to apologize for my horrible experience but to try and discredit me ( a long term customer of theirs who has had several ecu tunes done by them on various cars I own) and the speed shop ( who has subsequently dropped them as a vendor). If the owner had called me and apologized and said I know we screwed up, I am aware of the issue and we are trying to fix what is wrong, gave me his personal assurances that he would make things right I would have reacted differently

Lie #!: Before I paid for the parts I called and asked Moe if they were in stock and he assured me both the turbos and down pipes were in stock and ready to ship: that was a lie
Lie #2: I called Weistec asked 2 days after I paid for the parts and the 8K deposit when the speed shop told me they had no notice of the parts shipping and asked Moe what happened. He told me they had to make the parts. I asked what happened and he gave me some lame excuse and assured me the parts were being packed and shipped as we speak that was on a Wednesday.
Lie#3 : I called the speed shop and asked for the shipping status late thursday afternoon and they said they have not heard from Weistec. I called and spoke to Cory who works there and he said they were not packed and shipped. I advised him that if they cannot ship the parts for delivery the following Tuesday morning, do not ship the parts, cancel my order and refund my deposit. (see attached email below from Cory assuring me that the order would be delivered by Tuesday. That was a Lie, the parts were not delivered until that Friday
Lie # 4: In his response to my post the poster said I called and became irate and hung up on them. That is an outright lie he posted in this forum, I never once became angry, raised my voice or hung up on anyone that worked there. In fact the conversation I had with Moe was actual very cordial where Moe lied to me again and told me the refund was processed. I filed the complaint with my credit card company 2 days after that conversation after the credit card company had no record of a refund being submitted by these liars

Last edited by mapman20; 06-13-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
That was a Lie, the parts were not delivered until that Friday
Maybe UPS is wrong? The 30th is Wednesday, not Friday. Again, you were not the customer of record so if there was any miscommunication you need to take it up with the speedshop.

Last edited by Weistec; 06-13-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM

AMG GTC Edition 50
I posted a picture of the emai from your person to me assuring the parts would be delivered Tuesday. that was a communication from your person to me. not to the speed shop.

Last edited by mapman20; 06-16-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 SLK230 Sport
The OP apparently has very little experience with high performance parts and tuning.

You're complaining about a couple of days delay in shipping? Really??

Look back at this thread in a few years, once you've grown up a bit, and see how silly you look.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 AM

AMG GTC Edition 50
Originally Posted by MRPerformance
The OP apparently has very little experience with high performance parts and tuning.

You're complaining about a couple of days delay in shipping? Really??

Look back at this thread in a few years, once you've grown up a bit, and see how silly you look.
I actually have years of experience with high performance parts and tuning, I own 11 high performance muscle cars and exotics most of which have been modified. And have owned many more over the years.

You evidently are either someone from Wiestec posting under a different account or someone who can not read and comprehend what he is reading

If you read my post and what you came away with is that I am mad because there were a few delays in shipping I don't know what to tell you. Let me explain it again so hopefully this time even you will maybe see my point:

What I am pissed off about is being lied too and mislead during every conversation I had with these people. Let me says this first: Weistec actually makes excellent parts that often times exceed expectations for a very competative price compared to their competitors

Here it is one more time:

I called and specifically asked Moe if the Turbos and down tubes were in stock and ready to ship BEFORE I ORDERED THEM. He assured me they were in stock and ready to ship and as soon as they got payment from my speed shop he would ship them. I told him I had a timeline and to insure the parts were shipped right away I paid him $8000.00 as a deposit to hold until the turbos from my car were shipped to them so they wouldn't have to wait for the speed shop to remove my turbos and ship them back to wiestec. That was a blatant lie, The parts were not in stock and had to be made (do you see how this alone might aggravate someone?)

I called Moe a week after the parts were to be shipped and asked what happened and he told me they had to make the parts (admitting he lied to me) but they were done, packed and ready to ship. Guess what? they were not packed nor did they ship. (I hope you are still able to follow and understand, I know it may be getting complicated for you, all of this is in my original post)

Here is the last lie: They were actually shipping the parts and Moe assured me he would ship them so they would arrive on a certain day. Guess WHAT? (YOU GUESSED IT) That was another lie.

Do you see why I might be a little miffed and maybe understand now why your summation of my post that I am upset because the parts are a day late might possibly not be so accurate????

When I spend a large amount of money with someone I expect they are upfront and honest with me. I dont do business with people who are deceitful.

Last edited by mapman20; 06-16-2018 at 09:06 AM.