Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Question on Kleemann EGS pls?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Question on Kleemann EGS pls?

Was just reading the latest Kleemann news letter and was just wondering what kind of advantage would this upgrade give me other than quicker shifting response? Is this a must when upgrading my LSD along with headers/downpipes, cams and ecu? Can someone pls give me details on how exactly this works.

Thank you
Old 05-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question on Kleemann EGS pls?

Originally posted by JamE55
Was just reading the latest Kleemann news letter and was just wondering what kind of advantage would this upgrade give me other than quicker shifting response? Is this a must when upgrading my LSD along with headers/downpipes, cams and ecu? Can someone pls give me details on how exactly this works.

Thank you
Unfortunatley, the EGS upgrade won't do much since you already have the AMG shift program. KLEEMANN's program won't really give you any advantages as far as TQ converter lock-up or shifting speed. The EGS re-program is not required for headers/downpipes, cams, ECU or the LSD. If you decided to do a ratio change, you would then need to send it in for re-programming, or say you have an E430 and want faster shifting, then the KLEEMANN program would help. :p
Old 05-27-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c'mon James, don't tell me that you've run out of things to buy for your car. Must try harder!:p
Old 05-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Question on Kleemann EGS pls?

Originally posted by CoryU
Unfortunatley, the EGS upgrade won't do much since you already have the AMG shift program. KLEEMANN's program won't really give you any advantages as far as TQ converter lock-up or shifting speed. The EGS re-program is not required for headers/downpipes, cams, ECU or the LSD. If you decided to do a ratio change, you would then need to send it in for re-programming, or say you have an E430 and want faster shifting, then the KLEEMANN program would help. :p
Thanks Cory! I don't plan on doing any ratio change because i still want to be able to do high speeds.
c'mon James, don't tell me that you've run out of things to buy for your car. Must try harder
On the engine part maybe but not everything! Still gotta do some ice.