Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

My first e55 w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 08:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
W210 e55 amg
My first e55 w210

Hi everybody and greetings from Finland!
Just bought a 1999 e55 amg and i'm loving it! My first v8 car after tuned turbo cars.

So far the car has an intake made (the sound is amazing even if the power might not be much), resonator and rear cats removed.

I ordered the medium headers and i have appointment To tune the car. I'm going To do a base dyno before the headers and tune.

Hopefully the power and torque go up and istead of down😁.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:17 AM

W210 e55 amg
Some numbers

So i got some numbers using two different Phone apps. Not a speedtrap.
Dyno time today also

5 takes on 0-100km/h 4,5-5,4s

0-200km/h 17,8s and 643m vs stock 21,9s

402m 13,3s and 175km/h
Old 01-14-2021, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E430
Nice Erno Alanko i have question about Intake did you check oem air intake with sport headers first? ? i have E430 and i will have full race exhaust with msc haeders for now i have just K N air filter oem style but i wondering if yours can be better ?
Old 01-15-2021, 02:57 AM

W210 e55 amg
Originally Posted by Nosu
Nice Erno Alanko i have question about Intake did you check oem air intake with sport headers first? ? i have E430 and i will have full race exhaust with msc haeders for now i have just K N air filter oem style but i wondering if yours can be better ?
No i made pretty much all the changes at once. Most like there is No big difference In one way or a other. Some say that the stock intake might restrict at the throttle body junction, but Who knows. If there is some gain i think its mostly on very low end.
Besides i also put the x-pipe so that tends To give more top end power In some cases. So it might just feel that it helped low end?

The intake sound is way better thou!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:23 AM

W210 e55 amg
After making the new exhaust with just cats and straight through muffler In the end, the drone was terrible. 114hz drone In cabin was pretty bad In 70-90km/h and close To 1500-2000rpm.

Since i also loved the sound i didn't want To add muffler,ao i decided To add j-pipes(or 1/4 resonator or branch resonator if you Will) . Those things pretty much completely eliminated the drone! I was pretty surprised. 85% of the drone is gone and don't bother anymore at all.

Great and easy drone elimination if you have that problem.

The length of the se are 75cm measured from pipe side. That's the correct length for my 114hz drone. The length depends from the frequensy od the drone.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:25 PM

W210 e55 amg
Long time to writing so some updates.

Since last time time the car has worked fine and all is good. Only the passanger side wheel bearing broke and both sides got changed.

To get better exhaust note and low end torque, i remade the exaust from dp to end. Now it it has an H-pipe and right after that, it goes from two 2,5" to two 3" with 30cm straight through mufflers at end. The other side is stainless and the other is mild, just for testing. Don't know whats the difference but sounds amazingly deep and the pulses are hearable. Also the H pipe made a huge difference in low end torque!

I want to go catless with possibly v-band sometime soon. This car only has lambdas before the front cats.

Also i installed an adjustable coilover kit. Massive differense. Highly recommend it!
Also brakelines are steelbraided now.

Got the sprint booster to get better gas response. It's very good for getting the driveability to your liking, but not exactly for the 250e it cost. Helps much with launch beacause the throttle now actually does what your foot wants.
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
2.mpeg (6.61 MB, 26 views)
File Type: mpeg
1.mpeg (9.07 MB, 19 views)

Last edited by Erno Alanko; 04-05-2022 at 11:48 PM.