Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Better (Hyper) Ground System for more power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280
Better (Hyper) Ground System for more power?

I picked up a copy of "Sport Compact Car" or was it "Import Tuner" (something like that). Inside (page 68, lol) they tested a car with a ground system (showed a pick of wires running into a silver box).

They dyno'd it before and after the mod and then after the mod was taken off. I don't remember the all the details, but the gains were 10 hp on an Civic (I think). I don't remember the year of the car, maybe it was a few years old.

Granted our expensive MBs are probably already hooked up, I'm guessing they don't put on the best parts (wires and everything else) on cheap civics. So such a product my not exist for a Mercedes or just not do anything.

The more and more I read about Mercedes, the more I find that Mercedes "over-engineered" our autos. Best parts, best engineering, everything is overkill, so we gain very little from add on parts.

So, is there anything out there in the form of a "Ground System" that would help us?

I guess the other side would be an ignition set/kit to create more spark...we seem to be "hooked up" there also.

[Link to some seller of the "Hyper Ground System"]

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/searc...und~System.htm

[Info:]

The Hyper Ground System provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation. In addition "Hyper Ground System" cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground systems, which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss. The higher resistances of factory grounds effect the ignition system and obstructs the primary potential."

"The "Hyper Ground System" uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection. This will increase the primary potential of regular cars to ignition-tuned vehicles."
"