Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

chip tuning w209 CLK55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK55 AMG, 89' E300
chip tuning w209 CLK55 AMG

hi,
my dad owns a 2003 clk55 amg coupe and we were interested in tuning it up slightly but not to the point that the warranty on the engine fades so we were thinking about Kleemann chip tuning the car. does anyone have any suggestions for what we should do and any other chips that might add more power? thanks

P.S. we just want kinda cheaper things cause he wants to wait 2 more years (after warranty is done) before making a decision on selling the clk and getting a gallardo or completely kleemannizing it to a CLK55K.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Don't bother adding a chip to a NA car. Not worth it IMO as the gains are minimal.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Black
Try Powerchip

I had Powerchip customize my ECU.

I found better throttle response at all RPMs.
I found a bit more pull at 2500+ RPM and freeway passing speeds 60-80mph.

They will also spend the time with you to work around other mods (which does not sound like an issue for you)...but my program was different since I had the AMG intake, K&Ns and a Spreewell racing exhaust (ie my car passed air better then most).

No dyno results yet, but hope to find a dyno here in Vegas and post now that I also have the Evosport pulleys in. Thus, is it all in my head? Is not that the only place it really needs to be?
:p