Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

E Class DriveTrain Limits (w213)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWD CLS63 Shooting Brake
Lightbulb E Class DriveTrain Limits (w213)

Hello all,
I'm looking for some advice, this may turn into a bit of a ramble but bare with me.

GEARBOX:
I currently have a 393hp, 883nm (651ftlb) e400d, yes diesel. The gearbox which is not an MCT, is shared with all the non-AMG's in the E class lineup, from E220d through to E450 Petrol. The problem is... I've hit the limit. From 5th to 6th under full load, the gearbox hits a wall, struggles to shift due to the power, I'm wondering where to go from here.... "buy an AMG" isn't an option, need the diesel for work, and having the fastest 3L diesel in the UK is the goal . So here we are, Does any tuning company have software for this gearbox that works? (W9A 725.00 9G-Tronic) Lets just hope the gearbox doesnt go boom when its got far more power than it rated for going through it.REAR DIFF:
It's an open diff, enough said . It just cannot put the power down, Does the LSD from the AMG's fit? Can it be coded in?